Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor The difference between Opti-Coat Pro and Opti-Gloss coating.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OCP.jpg

It has been brought to my attention from other detailers around the country about unauthorized Opti-Coat Pro detailers selling Optimum Gloss-Coat as Opti-Coat Pro. Fooling many customers who aren't educated about this coating line and what to expect from it.

After doing some research in my area, I found a detailer who is doing so. This practice is unethical to say the least.

What are the difference between Opti-Coat Pro and Optimum Gloss-Coat.

1- Opti-Coat Pro is a much stronger coating
2- Opti Coat Pro comes with a 5yr warranty. Optimum Gloss-Coat only last 2yrs and has NO WARRANTY
3- Opti-Coat Pro is ONLY available thru authorized professional detailers

When a detailer has applied Opti-Coat Pro on your car you will receive a warranty card with your warranty number. If you're not getting a warranty card you're not getting Opti-Coat Pro.

Please, beware of those unethical guys trying to run a business not caring about those who they are hurting financially.

Feel free to contact me if you need to find a reputable detailer near you or visit opti-coat.net to find the closest authorized installer to you

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RayW
Thanks for the clarification. I had my Model S done with Opticoat Pro two years ago. Because of an "owie" on the hatch recently, it had to be replaced and paint feathered to match. Now I am going to have the Opticoat Pro redone for the new section (fortunately insurance is covering everything). After he is done with the Opticoat Pro on the new paint, he is putting a coating of Opti-gloss on the whole car, to freshen up the old Opticoat Pro and better match everything.

Thanks for the clarification. I had my Model S done with Opticoat Pro two years ago. Because of an "owie" on the hatch recently, it had to be replaced and paint feathered to match. Now I am going to have the Opticoat Pro redone for the new section (fortunately insurance is covering everything). After he is done with the Opticoat Pro on the new paint, he is putting a coating of Opti-gloss on the whole car, to freshen up the old Opticoat Pro and better match everything.

That's the right way to do it. Hope everything goes well.

That's the right way to do it. Hope everything goes well.

Pete--I had OptiCoat done August 2013 by a pro. Still looks great--maybe a few swirls. He has offered to do Opti-Gloss to tune it up and improve the look. Does he need to polish/'detail' again or does the Opti-Gloss fill in very fine marks? FWIW I have been more than happy with Opti-Coat. My detailer also uses CQuartz for some applications (like black Model S).

Thanks for your continued participation and expertise.

Pete--I had OptiCoat done August 2013 by a pro. Still looks great--maybe a few swirls. He has offered to do Opti-Gloss to tune it up and improve the look. Does he need to polish/'detail' again or does the Opti-Gloss fill in very fine marks? FWIW I have been more than happy with Opti-Coat. My detailer also uses CQuartz for some applications (like black Model S).

Thanks for your continued participation and expertise.

Your detailer can use a very fine polish to take care of light surfaces scratches without removing all of the Opti Coat Pro. By applying Optimum Gloss Coat on top of Opti Coat Pro your car will be glossier, it will bead much better and it will feel smoother to the touch, not to mention it'll extend the life of Opti Coat Pro. I highly recommend it.

I am a big fan of C.Quartz for SHORT TERM protection since it only last 2 years vs Opti Coat Pro that last 5yrs+ when properly maintained. I offer C.Quartz to customers who leased their cars or if you're planning on keeping it for no more than 3yrs