Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI, Tesla has likely fixed the ventilation issue for the third row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Well, I just took a look at the 3rd row seats for the first time since taking delivery 2 months ago. Surprised to see the new "vents" and message on the seats. Wish they would have added a vent cover instead of just an opening.

IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3673.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone with a P85D without rear facing seats confirm that they do NOT have these cutouts on the sides of the trunk?

Here's the answer:

Thanks for your note. The holes have been there since the first Model S. They are used to reduce inside pressure when closing the roof or the doors (the air extractors are in their vicinity, behind the rear fascia). They do help with air circulation when the air conditioning is set to “fresh air” (i.e., recirculation)

Thanks again. Best regards,

Jerome Guillen

Here's the answer:

Thanks for your note. The holes have been there since the first Model S. They are used to reduce inside pressure when closing the roof or the doors (the air extractors are in their vicinity, behind the rear fascia). They do help with air circulation when the air conditioning is set to “fresh air” (i.e., recirculation)

Thanks again. Best regards,

Jerome Guillen

I thought fresh air was no recirculation? Just forcing air to exhaust more through the rear.