Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do we need a Tesla "Snuggie"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I embark on my -20C drive from Woodstock Ontario to Maumee Ohio, I am prepared to drive without heat to cover the distance.

I have a hat, gloves and scarf but, it occurs to me jackets are counter productive. They only open from the front while insulating your back from the efficient seat heater.

I thought a reverse jacket would be ideal and realized "Crap.... that's a Snuggie?" Imagine containing all that seat heat while having full use of your arms. Fantastic!

If only they weren't an embarrassment.

My fiancée has been planning to make a Tesla fleece quilt to go in the car. We've bought material and she printed out the logo to make patterns. Not sure how far she's come along but I could probably get her to post pictures if people are interested. Not a snuggie but this thread reminded me of it.

My fiancée has been planning to make a Tesla fleece quilt to go in the car. We've bought material and she printed out the logo to make patterns. Not sure how far she's come along but I could probably get her to post pictures if people are interested. Not a snuggie but this thread reminded me of it.

What color will it be? And will that color match the exterior color of your car???

We needed one on Saturday..... -2% to our destination in 10F weather... ugh!

Can't Tesla put heating elements (like that are in the heated seats) in the floor and door panels to add "ambient heat" if you will...? There needs to be some low-energy way to get supplemental heat with the climate control off. Kinda like in-floor heating in a house.

-m

Wait a minute. You bought a $100K car and have to drive WITHOUT HEAT in order to make it to your destination??!!?

I find that horribly absurd.

He's not willing to drive without heat. He's trying to figure out how to keep warm using the least energy possible. He's turning on the seat heater and using other means to keep warm. There's nothing "horribly absurd" about it. He's a pioneer, just like when we went from horse and buggy to motors. But this is even more noble since it's the co2 producing, global warming contributing, very warm, gas guzzlers that should be called "horribly absurd" and something tells me if generations from now people could look back at this post there would be nothing aburd about it.

Seat heaters plus heated gloves work great for me in the Volt. I am very comfortable. I bought a 12 V heated blanket for my wife to use as a passenger. She is very confortable as well. No need to use the emergency backup gasoline generator at all.

Amazon has 12 V heated blankets for only about $25. Just buy one and try it.

GSP

He's not willing to drive without heat. He's trying to figure out how to keep warm using the least energy possible. He's turning on the seat heater and using other means to keep warm. There's nothing "horribly absurd" about it.

Well, unless you can convince Joe Sixpack of the virtues to bundling up & plugging yourself in to drive your EV in the winter, "future generations" are liable to still be driving ICE's. Also, let's not forget Joe's family as they trundle up I-95 to visit the family for the holidays. You'll need lots of 12V outlets for them, too.