Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When should we start seeing proposed 2015 expansions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the official supercharger rollout map Tesla expands on to many many countries in 2015. (read, by the end of 2015)

They spread more in Italy(like they mean it), start officially in Spain(funny they still haven't), Finland, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria and Turkey.

Now, this being Europe (and not even EU for Turkey's case) means they have to deal with different languages / culture / legislation and much more different laws. Since we already finished 1/6th of 2015, do you think these expansions will actually be realised in 2015? They surely should've started doing some work in these said companies. The map shows Spanish superchargers as being built now but they still don't have a Spanish site either.

For all these countries I'm assuming they'd start taking orders before the official store/service centre/supercharger launch in that country's respective language site since they'd need deliveries when the store opens. Considering order to delivery time is around 4 months at best with current status quo, are they waiting for the weather to get better? Thinking back to this interview with JB Straubel about Europe pushes me into pessimistic thinking.

Does TMC think their focus now is getting things right in countries they already exist in vs. expanding even more?

I'm speculating because I can't wait for their launch in my country (Turkey) so we can get Teslas with the support/3G/insurance/no fear of a slight fender bender ruining everything and all the other convenience. Just that seeing from the map that they're planning on expanding so much coupled with JB Straubel's statements from a month ago gets me thinking...

At the official supercharger rollout map Tesla expands on to many many countries in 2015. (read, by the end of 2015)

They spread more in Italy(like they mean it), start officially in Spain(funny they still haven't), Finland, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria and Turkey.

Now, this being Europe (and not even EU for Turkey's case) means they have to deal with different languages / culture / legislation and much more different laws. Since we already finished 1/6th of 2015, do you think these expansions will actually be realised in 2015? They surely should've started doing some work in these said companies. The map shows Spanish superchargers as being built now but they still don't have a Spanish site either.

For all these countries I'm assuming they'd start taking orders before the official store/service centre/supercharger launch in that country's respective language site since they'd need deliveries when the store opens. Considering order to delivery time is around 4 months at best with current status quo, are they waiting for the weather to get better? Thinking back to this interview with JB Straubel about Europe pushes me into pessimistic thinking.

Does TMC think their focus now is getting things right in countries they already exist in vs. expanding even more?

I'm speculating because I can't wait for their launch in my country (Turkey) so we can get Teslas with the support/3G/insurance/no fear of a slight fender bender ruining everything and all the other convenience. Just that seeing from the map that they're planning on expanding so much coupled with JB Straubel's statements from a month ago gets me thinking...
Traditionally Tesla's SC "road map" has always been in flux with things moving quite dramatically in and out. Many promised chargers tend to arrive in "Q5 or Q6" of the year (read: slip into the following year), locations get changed, etc.
I don't think it makes sense to see this is a firm plan as more a "conceptual idea of where they think they should be going next".