Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New flurry of roadsters for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to TEG et al there seems to be a flurry of beautiful 1.5 Roadsters for sale. SIG #55, Founders #8. Any ideas why all of a sudden? is it the announcement of the soon to be released, yet to be released 3.0 upgrades?

I see #55 on Ebay with a buy it now at $62k...? Where's #8 listed?

Edit: Nevermind, checked for sale here in the TMC forum.

Last edited:
I see #55 on Ebay with a buy it now at $62k...

That makes me sad. My #33 is good friends with #44 and #55.

IMG_0581.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AtAge19
I think some people start looking for a replacement vehicle when their warranty runs out.
I think the P85D performance is too much for some to resist.

That really doesn't explain #8 being for sale, unless the original owner parted ways with it a while ago and someone picked it up CPO?

I just don't understand why someone with that kind of money would ever part with that car. I mean, Larry Page must have several different residences he could keep it at, so space can't be an issue. And he certainly doesn't need to sell it for the money. And it's not like he's selling it anticipating it will cost too much to upgrade to 3.0 when the battery dies. So why sell it?

I really want to buy #8, but I really don't need more than one Roadster. It's such a conundrum.

I just listed my 2011 2.5 for sale through Shift Auto in SF. Link below for those interested. The vehicle just underwent its annual maintenance service on Feb 23, 2015 and received a clean bill of health. For what it's worth, Shift asked me to have the service center "score" the vehicle on a 1-10 scale. The exact Tesla service note was as follows: “Performed Roadster courtesy inspection. Technician states that in "HIS OPINION" that this roadster would score a 9.5-10.0 on roadsters he has worked on.”

2011 Tesla Roadster 2.5 Silver

The Roadster is one of my favorite cars and would not think about selling it unless I needed 4 seats. I put 28k mile on #441 (2008 1.5), before picking up #1453 l(2011 2.5 Sport) last April which had 360 miles on it an now has 5k miles and I am loving every minute with it, more so than the 1.5, better seats, suspension, entertainment system ...... I believe these will become classic's, the start truly usable electric revolution, where you don't have to compromise to own an electric car. Having said that prices have firmed up over the past year after a glut of CPO cars on the market for 18 months, nonetheless these are great cars and anyone who buy's one will have a great little sports car.

First European car (Signature 02/250) for sale here: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...dster-signature-sport-left-hand-drive/3279069
Has all the CF options possible, and a new battery from 2014. The ad mentionned a £10k price tag for the battery, which seems low to other prices mentionned on this forum.
I believe this car could be a true collectors item!
Seems strange that it lists all the external carbon fiber options, but they aren't pictured on the car.