Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grey interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have grey interior tell me how they like it? Is it hard to keep clean?
Black is my number one choice but debating if this grey interior will work. It matches the grey alacantra headliner (black headliner not available)

I have the grey interior and like it. Keeps it brighter inside the cabin. The black is also a nice touch when I had the loaner vehicle, but a bit hotter during the summer. I don't think you can go wrong with either. And no, it isn't hard to keep clean. Then again, I have no kids.

I have the grey interior as well. No problems in keeping it clean although if I had kids I'd put in a set of Wet Okole covers. The only thing I wish was that it was grey fabric rather than grey leather.

Have the grey interior, no visible marks after 14 months of ownership. Glad I got it instead of black.

No kids in my car though.

Standard fabric headliner color is beige, not grey. Black or beige alcantara is optional. However, the beige is such a neutral color that it works fine with any seat color.

I had the gray. Two kids (10yo twins). Loved it, ordered gray next gen seats for the new car. No problems keeping things clean, a lot less hot in the summer (had a loaner with black and was shocked how hot that was last summer) and looks a lot brighter inside.

I have grey and love it! Makes the interiour feel very nice and bright. You wouldn't decorate your living room with black walls and only black furniture, so I don't understand why people want it in their car...

Would definitely choose grey again after 1 year of ownership. Actually I already did (upgrading to P85D).

I have Grey and like it as far as marks and wear go. I have 4 kids and we use the car like a mini van. I have 72,000 Kms. No marks on the leather. I use a micro fibre cloth with hot water and wipe the interior every month or so. If I did it again I would get black. It would feel a little more closed in/race car feel, sporty. I would like the heat gain in the winter.

I would like the heat gain in the winter.
Would you really get any additional heat in winter? Black absorbs heat and passes it out to the other side. The sun isn't very warm in winter, so heating would be very minimal, and because you're hotter than the seats (assuming seat heaters are off), black would actually take heat from you and pass it to the other side. The grey will reflect the heat back to you.

I had the gray. Two kids (10yo twins). Loved it, ordered gray next gen seats for the new car. No problems keeping things clean, a lot less hot in the summer (had a loaner with black and was shocked how hot that was last summer) and looks a lot brighter inside.

Hey there! Nice to have you back on TMC, and congrats on the P85D!

To the OP's point, my wife's P85D has the grey next gen seats and they are fabulous! I still prefer the warmer look of the tan in our Signature, but that is just me. We have the light headliner on both cars, and prefer it for the more open airy feeling. We got Tesla valet picked-up in a new P85D with the black headliner and it does focus the attention outside, but I would not go for it, especially in a hot climate. To each their own, though, for sure!

I do wish Tesla made a deeper richer tan like my old Ferrari 360 had. :wink:

I have the grey leather an like it. However, it does take a bit more care than other leather seats I have had in the past. Specifically you'll need to be careful of dye transfer and anything kid related....

Side note: I like tan interiors in cars, but somehow the Tesla Black and tan implementation doesn't quite look right to me.

I have the grey leather an like it. However, it does take a bit more care than other leather seats I have had in the past. Specifically you'll need to be careful of dye transfer and anything kid related....
Interesting you should say that. I had a few people ask me about that. I wear blue jeans 95% of the time. And before returning the car I was worried, given the questions others had asked me, and looked very very carefully over the driver's seat. Nothing. Nada. After 26526 miles in 18 months. Maybe I don't wear a brand of jeans that bleeds a lot, but I can tell you that I am prone to sweat a lot and even that apparently didn't cause any issues.
Side note: I like tan interiors in cars, but somehow the Tesla Black and tan implementation doesn't quite look right to me.
Yes, I don't really like the tan and was really hoping for a rich brown tone... something like this:
66426232.jpg

Maybe I don't wear a brand of jeans that bleeds a lot, but I can tell you that I am prone to sweat a lot and even that apparently didn't cause any issues.

In my F-150 with tan leather seats I've had absolutely zero bleed on the drivers side (and I usually drive). However, on the passenger side where my fiancée usually sits there's blue bleed from her jeans. It cleans up easily with leather cleaner though. So brand of jeans definitely has a role in this.

- - - Updated - - -

It matches the grey alacantra headliner (black headliner not available)

Just to be clear. The standard headliner is NOT grey. It's tan. Also the alcantra headliner is available in black.

On my S85 I had the tan cloth headliner. I thought it looked tacky because of the way the B-pillar meets with the rest of the vehicle. On my 85D I have the black headliner. Here's a picture of both.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60412&d=1412130406.jpg

bEhMQDx.jpg

I like the grey leather a lot. There is dye transfer from one as yet unidentifird rogue pair of jeans, but periodic leather care with Bick 4 takes care of that.

I strongly suggest the dark headliner option. Even with the pano roof, there are 7
pieces and posts (9 if you include the visors). The posts adjacent to the front seats will wear prematurely and as they wear, the light color shows dirt, as will the visors over time.

The grey leather/black headliner combo is very nice. I like it as much or more than the tan leather/black headliner combo.