Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Founders 8 Roadster for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
I think this may have been Larry's:

Used 2008 TESLA ROADSTER - ROADSPORT - 1209240970 - CarsDirect.com

97717768.jpg

Last edited:
Roadster #8 is for sale

Not my car, have no direct knowledge of it just saw the ad at http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/629892355/overview/

Looks nice though the $74.8K price seems high for a 1.5 even with a hardtop. Perhaps the dealer selling it thinks it is worth more because it is a "Founders Series" car. That adds no value in my eyes, but it might add vale for some people.

The dealer is in Campbell, CA, not very far from me.

Yep... There was a thread on this one a few weeks ago.
With such low milage and being #8... Would it lose too much value if you actually drove it? I.e. is that the sort of car that is best kept in a garage and not driven to preserve value, or should it simply be driven like the non-founders cars?

Or even if upgrading to 3.0 you would lose some of the value of it being a very original roadster #8

That occurred to me as well. Guessing batteries & tires are meant to be replaced, but anything that changes the profile (and presumably the appearance) of the car to lower the drag coefficient would hopefully be a reversable alteration. I don't think we know yet if the 3.0 upgrade will be an all or nothing endeavor.

nice roadster

Not my car, have no direct knowledge of it just saw the ad at http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/629892355/overview/

Looks nice though the $74.8K price seems high for a 1.5 even with a hardtop. Perhaps the dealer selling it thinks it is worth more because it is a "Founders Series" car. That adds no value in my eyes, but it might add vale for some people.

The dealer is in Campbell, CA, not very far from me.

These older roadsters have potential issues with battery, a/c, .....etc. this info would be nice to know upfront.