Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Seat Removal - Has anyone ever done this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Egads, I found a couple of incredible carbon fiber seats for my Roadster and am attempting to switch out the stock seats. It was quite a chore taking out the drivers seat and fitting in the carbon seat within the bracket, but eventually, got it to work. Onward to the passenger seat, but as I attempt to lift the seat out, I discover that it's attached to the parking brake! Unbelievable, does anyone know the easiest way to remove the passenger seat?

Egads, I found a couple of incredible carbon fiber seats for my Roadster and am attempting to switch out the stock seats. It was quite a chore taking out the drivers seat and fitting in the carbon seat within the bracket, but eventually, got it to work. Onward to the passenger seat, but as I attempt to lift the seat out, I discover that it's attached to the parking brake! Unbelievable, does anyone know the easiest way to remove the passenger seat?

Several of us have done it. You can check this thread about Noise-Reduction-Kit for more info. After you take the driver's seat out (yes, you'll have to take it back out) then you get access to the bolts in the e-brake housing that hold the passenger seat in. Sounds like you've already done the hardest part which is the right-front bolt.

While you've got the seats out, I recommend doing some soundproofing in the cabin.

Did it before and yes first the drivers seat and then the rest including the break gear etc. Front right passengers seat bold it the hardest. Even the Tesla sc ripped the mf fabric when they took them out of the original car before I bought them. What is so special about the new carbon fiber seat? I thought the standart seat already had a carbon hull?

Several of us have done it. You can check this thread about Noise-Reduction-Kit for more info. After you take the driver's seat out (yes, you'll have to take it back out) then you get access to the bolts in the e-brake housing that hold the passenger seat in. Sounds like you've already done the hardest part which is the right-front bolt.

While you've got the seats out, I recommend doing some soundproofing in the cabin.

Thanks so much for the information and tip! That information probably saved me a couple of hours.

IMG_1368[1].JPG
IMG_1370[1].JPG
IMG_1378[1].JPG

The seats, side by side, for comparison. The carbon fiber just meshes so well with the rest of the car. (The brown door panel will be changed as well).

Oh snap!

That does look really nice against the CF rollbar! Damn!

But, I agree with ecarfan; doesn't look like the most comfy seat in the world.

Some of us older, wider folks like a little padding.

Any idea of the weight savings?

Last edited:
Oh, I haven't installed the padding yet. There are 3 pieces for each seat. The padding is tacked on to prevent sliding in the seat. I was skeptical about the comfort, but one of my friends has the same seats and says they are extremely comfortable.