Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help!!! Auto saved post???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After spending over an hour composing a post with photos and everything. I got a popup that said I needed to log back in.

ALL OF MY COMPOSITION IS GONE!!! Very annoying that is!!

The page kept saying it was auto-saving... but where is it??

It was a detailed description of how to do a 12V battery replacement on a Roadster. Figured I would help others out.

Wow yeah I've had that happen on other forums too. Just google it, maybe it's in the cache somewhere. Pretty ridiculous that this is still the state of modern computers - that stuff still just never actually works properly. I'd blame this one on the browser.

Speaking of which, I use Chrome now and find that it's basically garbage, complete and utter. It randomly crashes, regularly, and on two different machines. They now have every tab of a browser as a separate process (check Task Manager), i.e. they know it's crashing like crazy and hoped to try to isolate it to the offending page. Well guess what, half the time that doesn't even work and the entire browser freezes...forget about tabs. Also, Google's own stuff doesn't even work properly! Two examples:

-Gmail slows down and starts getting all laggy for no reason (literally took about 3 sec. to put a checkmark next to a message the other day!); browser restart does help but doesn't fix always.
-Google Finance doesn't even update and work correctly for stock prices/graphs. How ridiculous is that?! Do these clowns even use their own products? Apparently not.

[End browser hatred rant :D]

Last edited:
Nope, there is NO auto-saved button. This was a "New Thread" post. So there isn't even anything to re-view under the thread, because I was creating a new one.

I am using Firefox... what "Restore Auto-saved" method? The autosave is on the web site, not my browser, isn't it?

By the way... what is the point of the thing "auto-saving" is it doesn't save something where you can get to it??

Nope, there is NO auto-saved button. This was a "New Thread" post. So there isn't even anything to re-view under the thread, because I was creating a new one.

I am using Firefox... what "Restore Auto-saved" method? The autosave is on the web site, not my browser, isn't it?

By the way... what is the point of the thing "auto-saving" is it doesn't save something where you can get to it??

The auto-save functionality is indeed website driven.

I've never had to restore a brand new thread previously, only replies. But I just tested it (in Chrome):

1) Start a new post... type enough characters for it to auto-save

2) Kill the tab without posting.

3) Start another (blank) new post. The "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button was available in the lower left border of the text editing box.

Now, I don't know how long that content will last.. but it's worth a try.

It's on the websites, but there was the possibility (based on previous posts) that it might not show up in some browsers, so I put in what browser I use as an FYI. I've always just hit reply again and the "Restore Auto-saved" button comes up.

I usually get the stuff back if I press the browser back button until I reach where I was composing the post. However, make sure you copy it out and then manually go back to the thread to post it.

I find that if I get logged out in the middle of composing a post, it'll never let me post it unless I login and I go back to the thread separately and repost.