Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Us Pics / Video Of Your FILTHY Model S - What Goes Around Gift!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, a little fun thread... At this time of year, autos are just filthy dirty with the snow, salt, mud and whatever... Post pics and or movies of your Model S in a deplorable pig-pen condition. On March 20th, the What Goes Around competition ends... I will send a nice gift to the Club Member who's picture(s) by far depict the dirtiest, filthy, grungy, deplorable exterior. Should be fun...

Ok, you folks in kinder weather environments are at a disadvantage... I agree... but filth is where you find it.

Have Fun and check in frequently....

Let the DIRT TIMES ROLL...!!!:smile:

IMG_2800 small.jpg

This thread is what really excites me about the all aluminum and stainless steel body. No other car that I know of can let that calcium crap they spray on the roads around here sit on the the body and not have to worry about rust.

I'm not neglecting our car because of the above mentioned awesomeness, it's just that we have been bathed in sub zero temps for what seems like forever and been getting hit with snow storm after snow storm. Because the temps are so low the back roads are all sheets of ice and packed snow. So there is no sense washing the car since it will look only marginally better when I get it home. Also many of the car washes have been closing some of their bays because of the cold.

Does a picture before it even got delivered count? It was absolutely filthy when we went to see it on Monday before delivery. With the exception of the back part that was covered with plastic. It's on a lift and missing the rear wheels because they had to replace the rear drive unit and were waiting on an o-ring that was found to be torn.

attachment.php?attachmentid=72546&d=1424208430.jpg

Damiano: I am thinking the nose of your car is on a WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE poster in the insect world... How did you ever get them carcasses off? They are tenacious in my experience especially in the grill OY Vey..... Griots makes an insect cleaning mitt.... you NEED that...

Newscutter: one word.... UGCHHH... do not wash er... Imagine how much SCHMUTZ will be on it in one month's time... Grunge-TASTIC wheels... Magnifico for sure...

Breser: Your wheels look so CLEAN :tongue: a great BEFORE picture .. BTW, congrats on the new S 85D... that is MY color to be... glad you are on the road after the SC quality control thing... Read your review on the car and it was wonderful. Also happy the new sill plates are on the 85D! I updated the WIKI with that information. Thanks...

BTW... it just dawned on me... this thread is going to be the best advertisement FOR the application of total auto body film protection, ever! A wonderful way for Obsessive Compulsives to Live On the "Other Side"... let's hope these photos do not cause nightmares, twitches or other unforeseen issues.

I cannot wait to see some HOARDER interior shots.... now those... they could be ghastly....

Last edited:
Fantatsic plates, santana338!

- - - Updated - - -

Breser: Your wheels look so CLEAN :tongue: a great BEFORE picture .. BTW, congrats on the new S 85D... that is MY color to be... glad you are on the road after the SC quality control thing... Read your review on the car and it was wonderful. Also happy the new sill plates are on the 85D! I updated the WIKI with that information. Thanks...

Ditto to Breser from me, your 85D review was excellent, and much appreciated. Jealous that you somehow got these behind-the-scenes pre-delivery pics. They are the equivalent of super high-definition ultrasounds!

BTW... it just dawned on me... this thread is going to be the best advertisement FOR the application of total auto body film protection, ever!

Oh for sure, and don't even think of trying to wipe that salt off, unless you have Xpel underneath...scratch and swirl city!

Ditto to Breser from me, your 85D review was excellent, and much appreciated. Jealous that you somehow got these behind-the-scenes pre-delivery pics. They are the equivalent of super high-definition ultrasounds!

Excuse my slight sidetrack here...

I actually have more I haven't posted but they aren't particularly interesting and didn't come out very well. All I did to get them was show up and ask to see the car. My DS and the Assistant Service Manager in Seattle had called me that morning to discuss the situation with the car. They were on speaker and so I wasn't sure I understood all the details. So I decided to just go down and see the car. Glad I did, I was a ton more comfortable when I got the explanation from everyone including the tech working on the car while we were standing there looking at it.