Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Culver or Redondo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be travelling on 405S Sunday evening and will need to stop to supercharge around 9pm. In the past I've had to detour to Hawthorne. This time I'm looking forward to trying out one of the new locations.

Should I stop at Culver City or Redondo Beach? I know CC has more food options, but can get crowded and/or ICEd. I really don't want to wait to charge and am leaning toward RB.

I love that this is now a "problem": which supercharger should I choose?

I will be travelling on 405S Sunday evening and will need to stop to supercharge around 9pm. In the past I've had to detour to Hawthorne. This time I'm looking forward to trying out one of the new locations.

Should I stop at Culver City or Redondo Beach? I know CC has more food options, but can get crowded and/or ICEd. I really don't want to wait to charge and am leaning toward RB.

I love that this is now a "problem": which supercharger should I choose?

Culver City has 12 bays and Redondo has 8 I believe...

Then again, perhaps you do an homage to the past by stopping off at Hawthorne anyway.

The culver city location, is that at the fox hills mall? If so, food places will probably be closed at 9pm. The Redondo beach location is right off the freeway so it's easy access. But there might be construction going on a
around long beach with 405 closure. I know they start closing lanes around 9:30-10pm starting with the carpool lane.

The culver city location, is that at the fox hills mall? If so, food places will probably be closed at 9pm. The Redondo beach location is right off the freeway so it's easy access. But there might be construction going on a
around long beach with 405 closure. I know they start closing lanes around 9:30-10pm starting with the carpool lane.

Its at the Westfield Culver City.

I've been to CC, where I was really close to having to wait.

I've been to Redondo Beach where it was completely empty around 3pm on a Monday.

Hawthorne used to be a mixed bag, when there were only 6, but I doubt its packed nowadays, with CC and RB, I doubt anyone goes to Hawthorne anymore. :p

In terms of supercharging at 9pm on a Sunday, I'd choose to go to Hawthorne, probably the safest/most secure location.

If it's during the day, and you need a full charge (close to 80%) then go to CC (For the shopping/walking around).

and if its during the day, and you need a quick top up off the 405, I'd go RB.

Considering you're going to SD, you shouldn't have to stop off at San Juan Capistrano (provided you have home charging in SD).

SJC is always one to avoid imho

I stopped in RB tonight on the way home because I did need a quick top off. Went inside to the hotel and they offer tesla owners who need to charge access to the fitness center, pool/spa, and Internet for a small fee. They also offer special menu items as well. Seems like a great place to charge although the mall would be an easier way to kill time.