Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just read this book on TM and Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors How Elon Musk and Company Made Electric Cars Cool, and Sparked the Next Tech Revolution By Charles Morris

I dl a copy from Amazon last night, finished it this morning. Having been a tinkerer in EVs for the last 15 years, the book was to a small degree a trip down Memory Lane for me. Since I found it to be very accurate in the areas I was familiar with, I felt assured in its factual biography of Tesla Motors, its players, media, government, tech and innovation. Charles Morris did due diligence in his research for this book.

Have any others read the book and what are your impressions?

Yes, I read it. Even though I've followed Tesla fairly closely for a long time, there were a couple of things in there I didn't know. And even the stuff I did know was fun to read; I often found myself reading passages aloud to my wife (though she likely did not appreciate it).

In the "EV history" chapter there were a few things that I thought were a little off, but that's another area where I've spent a lot of time - I think this book covers it better than pretty much anything else I've read. I think Morris put quite a bit of time in to it.

I would have liked more on Alan Cocconi. It was his scratch design and build of the tzero that all the major players were exposed to and convinced them electric could mean serious performance. Had Alan's car been just another 40 hp DC motor backyard build of a heavy Detroit donor car instead of the 200 hp AC motor in a special light chassis, none of the key future players would had paid it any attention.