Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Rear Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine.

I've wanted something for the back for a while, I even thought about getting executive read seats when I upgrade (but did not want to loose the rear seats folding down for the occasions I need the space)

I think its funny they have this in all finishes and leather colors, but the front console is still Piano black only.

Looking at the pictures the console looks identical to the console that comes with the executive seats option. Now I have no regrets about not having executive seats.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered mine.

I've wanted something for the back for a while, I even thought about getting executive read seats when I upgrade (but did not want to loose the rear seats folding down for the occasions I need the space)

I think its funny they have this in all finishes and leather colors, but the front console is still Piano black only.

There was another thread somewhere here that explained that there were some safety issues related to the flip up piece during crash testing which is why the other trims were delayed.

Keep in mind that while the console is installed in the car, it will be impossible to fold the larger portion of the seat back forward for carrying cargo such as tires in the rear trunk. The smaller, passenger side of the seat back will still fold forward, allowing for skis, etc. But for me, having to remove the console to carry a bicycle wouldn't be worth the hassle.

As long as this console is detachable and will fit in the frunk or rear trunk lower portion, I think all will be well in the world.

I'm curious as to how it will hold up to bumps in the road with only one tie down point, though. Will review and report back when I get it.