Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you send recommendations for new features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I re-posted this on the Model S forum where it should have gone in the first place. Sorry.

I'm a new P85D owner as of late January with Air Suspension and 19" snows (northern climate). I have a few recommendations that I would like to see considered for SW upgrades. Is this the place to post them or is there a mailbox at Tesla where I can send them?

Pre-Conditioning: Instead of being predictive, why can't we just explicitly schedule a time in advance?
Battery Pre-Conditioning: Can we schedule minimum charge so that battery is warm when it's time to leave? This would make a huge difference in battery performance in cold weather. Right now we need to schedule overnight charging so that it completes just before we intend to leave. There is definitely some guesswork here. It would be best if I could ask with the app to Pre Condition the battery for the time I want to depart.
Automatically raise steering wheel when entering and exiting (i.e. when you open the driver's door).
Give the ability to change colours or make dashed lines for Nav and Energy/Charging info. I am partially red/green colour blind and unfortunately these colours often have opposite meanings in Traffic Aware Nav and Predictive Energy/Range charts. It would be a great help if I had the ability to customize with different colours/shades or even different kinds of lines (dashed, dotted, double lines).
BTW, car is awesome, fun, easy to understand, amazing at handling in snow and ice, comfortable. I like it more every day. Been to a gas station twice since I took delivery - to go to the touchless car wash :)

Last edited:
Where is the best place to go to recommend new features?

I'm a new P85D owner as of late January with Air Suspension and 19" snows (northern climate). I have a few recommendations that I would like to see considered for SW upgrades. Is this the place to post them or is there a mailbox at Tesla where I can send them?
Pre-Conditioning: Instead of being predictive, why can't we just explicitly schedule a time in advance?
Battery Pre-Conditioning: Can we schedule minimum charge so that battery is warm when it's time to leave? This would make a huge difference in battery performance in cold weather. Right now we need to schedule overnight charging so that it completes just before we intend to leave. There is definitely some guesswork here. It would be best if I could ask with the app to Pre Condition the battery for the time I want to depart.
Automatically raise steering wheel when entering and exiting (i.e. when you open the driver's door).
Give the ability to change colours or make dashed lines for Nav and Energy/Charging info. I am partially red/green colour blind and unfortunately these colours often have opposite meanings in Traffic Aware Nav and Predictive Energy/Range charts. It would be a great help if I had the ability to customize with different colours/shades or even different kinds of lines (dashed, dotted, double lines).
BTW, car is awesome, fun, easy to understand, amazing at handling in snow and ice, comfortable. I like it more every day. Been to a gas station twice since I took delivery - to go to the touchless car wash :)

I want to second this. I keep thinking I must be the only colorblind person that has trouble with these traffic marking colors but this post reminded me there are probably plenty of others!

Last edited:

See this poll, please. Would you use battery heating if it were available?

The first post includes a link to a different thread which includes a letter I sent to Tesla a couple of weeks ago.

Everyone should vote in the poll, and anyone who agrees that this is something we need should also take a few minutes and write to [email protected].