Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i9 supercar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i dont think this is anything new (couple month old article I think), I don't even know if it's legit, but whatever, I didn't see any references here on it so here ya go:

The 2016 BMW i9 Supercar is a GO - Gear Heads

BMW i9 Design Concept Looks Like Something From the Future - Yahoo Autos

2016 BMW I9 | car review @ Top Speed

BMW-i9-Front-Side-2016.jpg

I'd rather have my supercar no accelerate that fast, then beeing stuck in the middle lane on the Autobahn...

Because the autobahn is representative of driving everywhere in the world? 155mph is plenty fast for 99+% of the world's roads. EVs may not be suited for the autobahn and that's fine. There are some areas ICEs excel at and the track and autobahn are two of those areas.

Because the autobahn is representative of driving everywhere in the world? 155mph is plenty fast for 99+% of the world's roads. EVs may not be suited for the autobahn and that's fine. There are some areas ICEs excel at and the track and autobahn are two of those areas.

Well, German manufacturers certainly are going to design a supercar for Autobahn performance.

And 155mph might sound nice on paper, but the Model S does not get that in reality due to overheating. In addition the range would severly drop.

Well, German manufacturers certainly are going to design a supercar for Autobahn performance.

And 155mph might sound nice on paper, but the Model S does not get that in reality due to overheating. In addition the range would severly drop.

It's still a gas car. Grade: Fail. Move into the modern world, BMW! I think you import gasoline into Germany, don't you? And harvest solar?

The range on any gas car severely drops when doing 155. That's why you have to spend so much time in those Autobahn gas stations.

Sorry. There's no comparison. BMW can stay on the Autobahn, and I will drive the USA. 60,000 miles in two years, no Autobahn.