Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salt Lake City, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Denarius

Apr 27, 2013
Utah
2312 S State Street, south end of Gallery & Service Center lot.

5 Cabinets / 10 Bays

Construction started today.

IMG_3784fixed.jpg

IMG_3785.JPG

Last edited:
Whoa, I never thought SLC would ever get a supercharger, this is great. I just bought a new home downtown, this will be super handy for those days when needing to do a range charge ASAP. Looking forward to this.

Tried to fix the rotated picture and just made things worse. Mod, feel free to remove the duplicate pic and fix the rotation. :redface:

To fix rotation, edit the picture in any way and then save before uploading. Usually reducing size to 1,000 to 1,500 pixels on the large dimension greatly helps viewing speed for those on medium to slow links and provides plenty of resolution for this forum.

To delete a picture get into the "advanced" edit mode, then go down to where you see manage attachments. Open that window, then you can select and delete pictures.

Good Luck!

To fix rotation, edit the picture in any way and then save before uploading. Usually reducing size to 1,000 to 1,500 pixels on the large dimension greatly helps viewing speed for those on medium to slow links and provides plenty of resolution for this forum.

To delete a picture get into the "advanced" edit mode, then go down to where you see manage attachments. Open that window, then you can select and delete pictures.

Good Luck!

Thanks Cottonwood, all fixed up now!

Glad to hear of progress on the I-80 path. The intent of SC was to allow long distance travel and providing a much quicker way to recharge the car when out of your home locale. That is consistent with most of the chargers in California. It has always appeared that Tesla was not attempting to provide supercharging for the local commute traffic, but for long distance trips. When those exceptions exist, it usually has more than one reason.

For example:

No SC on the SF peninsula, or east bay (with the exception of Fremont, but then again, it's the FACTORY. Where would they send a MS customer picking up their new MS, in order to head north, east or south).

Not too much in the LA area. Sure, Hawthorne is well repressnted, but there's a few Tesla's and high paid employess working there.

Las Vegas. A surprise, but until Primm recently opened, a necessity for the cross-country corridor. Sure is nice when visiting family in LSV, though.

Now, with Winnemucca and Tooele (BTW, how do locals pronounce Tooele) under construction, it's nice to see SLC getting a SC. This will certainly allow me to stop, spend, tourist a little, and top up before heading on out.

As the SC rollouts continue, I'm pleased to see that the pathways across the country continue. I particularly see the vast open area's being cut down to size. A 24/7 SC will always be preferential over level 1 and 2 chargers being available.

Scotty

And just to avoid any possible confusion, let me edit the prior guide to: "Too-illa"

We get lots of southwest US-ers, Latin Americans and Iberians who get a 100% fail when they ask us how to get to that next-but-one-town to us (185 miles to our south)...."Valdez".

Nope.

"Val-DEEZ".

Back on topic, though: SLC SpC - pretty darned convenient from both I-80 and I-15! About as good as one could expect in such a congested urban setting. And its snug setting to the Tooele SpC gives me a glimmer of hope to keep hanging my hat on for, eventually, a Wells, NV SpC....

Not too much in the LA area. Sure, Hawthorne is well repressnted, but there's a few Tesla's and high paid employess working there.

There are three (Hawthorne, Culver City, Redondo beach) within 20 miles of downtown LA and 10 miles of each other and LAX. Hawthorne used to be packed with limo drivers and locals getting free charging.

Tesla has been putting more SuperCharger sites in central city locations to support those of us who don't have private or reserved parking. London is the prime example. While the SLC and Tooele SCs are very near each other, the SLC site will help sales to locals who don't have convenient at-home or at-office charging options.