Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on Colbert Report (2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new thread was merged with the old one from several years ago. It's a bit confusing if you start reading the thread from the beginning.

Maybe the thread title can be changed to reflect that its a new show?

I really do not understand why a notice of tonight's show would be merged into a thread giving notice of a show four years ago. That creates confusion. I simply assumed the original poster was mistaken until others made comments. I then checked the date the thread was started.

Elon on Stephen Colbert - 7/24/2014

A couple of not-very-exciting reveals:

1. The next major version of Model S software will allow you to name your car. Elon's is called Old Faithful.
2. Stephen Colbert owns a Model S (I don't think I've seen that in the celeb thread) and clearly loves it
3. Elon sees people going to the international space station via Dragon 2 in '2 - 3 years'
4. No plans to release a jetpack

Last edited:
Yeah, nothing exciting. Though I didn't know the timeline for manned flights so that was new to me. He did mention in a previous episode that he drives a Model S, though there's never been a picture of it so never posted in celeb thread.

Yes it does. Right now SpaceX is only sending satellite and cargo to the ISS, not transporting people. In a few years SpaceX will be sending astronauts to the ISS in the next generation Dragon capsule that was revealed recently.

Indeed. Pete and his dogs changed history on me. We were headed for Mars earlier in 2-3 years :)

Went back to watch the interview from 4 years ago; a much more haggard-looking Elon seemed to have a jolly good time back then.