Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rack AD07 set of 4 for $600 shipped!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the 1.5 tire thread but thought others might want a headsup... the current price on Tire Rack for AD07s is amazing!!

tirerack.png

Prices have been low on the AD07's for a while - at least since 10/2014. That's when I had my wheels powder coated. I put new tires on at the time as well and I remember Tesla wanted a little over $300/tire installed. Tire Rack was charging about $640 to ship a new set to Phoenix. My shop ordered and installed a new set for $700 total (+ the powder coating).

Regardless, it's a great price. I don't know if these are on clearance or what, but if anyone needs tires, it's a good time time to buy. I should have shared the news back in 10/2014 like PokerBroker just did. My apologies, I was too caught up in my powder coating :)

Be careful when and where you have them shipped this time of year. If they drop below 14 deg F they can be permanently damaged. TW's warehouses are climate controlled but the shipping often exposes them to cold. Around here UPS delivers the tires outside so if you're not home they might get ruined. It's been -20F two nights in a row and hasn't been above 14 for several days.

Are they likely to pop back up in price? I have AD08s on but have a few thousand more miles to go. Guess going back to all AD07s would work fine and could store them in the house.

Considering the AD08s in both front and rear sizes are a total of $1,300 I think the AD07s are the way to go.
YOKOHAMA® ADVAN NEOVA AD08 Tires Summer Performance Tire for Car

I didn't think AD08s came in the 175/55R16 size?
I just changed my tires and went with the AD07/AD08 split. TireRack had the rear AD08 for $314 for the pair and the front AD07 for $248.
Shipping was $32.

I didn't think AD08s came in the 175/55R16 size?
I just changed my tires and went with the AD07/AD08 split. TireRack had the rear AD08 for $314 for the pair and the front AD07 for $248.
Shipping was $32.

That site says they have proper size in stock for fronts too in AD08 but haven't bought them yet. Not sure if worth extra money over AD07s at this price.

They crack. If you store your car for the winter you have to take them off and put them somewhere warm.

So far this winter my weather monitor shows a low of 41 degrees. Are my tires OK in this frigid weather? I have had to have my top up one week total this winter. :tongue:

On the other hand, our reservoir for the community is only 20% full and there is not enough water to wash the car. Can't have everything!

Maybe someone in Boston can send us some of their precipitation!

Sorry to disagree but I have never had a problem with the Griot's Garage Spray Wash. It has a good lubricant and I make sure to change the microfiber towels frequently when really dirty. Perhaps others have and I'm open to hearing about it:) It is hard to wash the car with this COLD and FRIGID weather for sure.

I use Spray Wash, too, after having been admonished to do so by the very persnickety detailer who buffed out the swirl marks. No mater what method you use, the key is in a very light touch so that you don't scratch the paint with the dust. Using the Spray Wash allows working on a small area at a time and seeing clearly what you are doing. Rotating to a new surface of the microfiber towel frequently is important, too. Sorry for stretching the OT further.