Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Mobile App Using Baidu百度 Maps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping someone here has run into this problem and knows a fix. I've tried contacting Tesla 3 times now and no response.

Previously the location feature on the phone app worked fine, then one day a few months ago, it decided I was in China. Now, I can't get it to go back to using Google Maps. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app with no success.

Screenshot_2015-02-16-22-32-43.png

Have you turned off Google Play Services for the app or for the phone in general? I ask as the android app will run fine on a Blackberry z10, except for the Location pane which shows pretty much exactly what you are seeing. (No Google Play Services on Blackberry which causes similar problems with all apps requiring Google Play Services).

Have you turned off Google Play Services for the app or for the phone in general? I ask as the android app will run fine on a Blackberry z10, except for the Location pane which shows pretty much exactly what you are seeing. (No Google Play Services on Blackberry which causes similar problems with all apps requiring Google Play Services).

Good thought dasRad, that was a real possibility so I went through and verified. Both Google Play Services and Google Services Framework are enabled and functioning properly. I suspect it may be a setting on Tesla's end as to which mapping provider is used. I've dug through all the conf files for the tesla app and don't see anything that seems to control which map provider will be used.

On a related note, I tried to install the DJI "drone" app on my Android and it would not install due to a permissions conflict with the Tesla app. The conflict is with the permission: android.permission.BAIDU.LOCATION_SERVICE

Due to this, it is impossible to have the Tesla app and the drone app installed on an Android device at the same time (in Android 5.x)

I have the exact same problem as in post #1 with my new LG phone. This seems to be the only google result mentioning it. Has anybody found a solution to this?

Nope, I've basically given up with it. From my experience Tesla Support is a joke both in terms of app and car support. Luckily though, VisableTesla will still work from a computer to locate the car... Not much help if you forgot where you parked though =p.

Nope, I've basically given up with it. From my experience Tesla Support is a joke both in terms of app and car support. Luckily though, VisableTesla will still work from a computer to locate the car... Not much help if you forgot where you parked though =p.

I am not sure that it is Tesla's fault. I just updated everything google* (play*) on my new phone now. Now the Tesla app tries to show the google map in the location tab. Unfortunatly it crashes after a second. It seems to be an android issue. They can't support android problems. We just have ****** phones :)

On a related note, I tried to install the DJI "drone" app on my Android and it would not install due to a permissions conflict with the Tesla app. The conflict is with the permission: android.permission.BAIDU.LOCATION_SERVICE

Due to this, it is impossible to have the Tesla app and the drone app installed on an Android device at the same time (in Android 5.x)

That's Chinese developers for you. Baidu gave the instructions to those apps to add that permission, then you end up with the problem you just stated. Which drone app are you referring to? I'm an Android developer, so I can look to see if I can find a workaround for you.