Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last time to change color?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changing color is among the hardest for Tesla to change. They slot production times by color. In the past when someone changes color they copy your build onto a different vehicle in the new color already scheduled for production, which changes your delivery date. With the new paint facility it might work differently, but the only people who know if its too late is Tesla.

Changing color is among the hardest for Tesla to change. They slot production times by color. In the past when someone changes color they copy your build onto a different vehicle in the new color already scheduled for production, which changes your delivery date. With the new paint facility it might work differently, but the only people who know if its too late is Tesla.

True. I had originally ordered boring blue but when I saw the MC red on display at the Motor Trend car of the year event in December 2012, I changed to MC red, and just at the time I had been promised an early January delivery date for the blue. As first the change was refused by Tesla but I emailed George B and he made it happen. The change resulted in a 5 month delivery delay, largely because the factory didn't start building MC red cars until May 2013. But I didn't regret the delay for a minute as I love the MC red.