Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster rear under trays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently saw a lotus elise in the air and i noticed that the rear under tray has some slits cut into it for airflow into the engine. The Telsa roadster doesn't have this and has a sealed under tray. The slits would add additional cooling to the motor which is located just above. I wonder why Tesla changed the under tray or if they even knew that the Elise had cutouts for air flow? Has anyone swapped out the under trays to see if motor and pem temps were improved?

lotuseliserearundertrayremoved.jpg

I would also be wary of scooping up leaves and dirt that will leave the PEM worse off. With no air filter and the fan motors located low in the rear of 2.0 and 2.5 models I would be worried about making things worse as any debris would be thrown by the fan into the PEM.

Last edited:
I would also be wary of scooping up leaves and dirt that will leave the PEM worse off. With no air filter and the fan motors located low in the rear of 2.0 and 2.5 models I would be worried about making things worse as any debris would be thrown by the fan into the PEM.
Debris is already thrown by the fan into the PEM. I just thought this looked like a good idea.