Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loosing faith in TMC - Closed thread.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When has TMC been taking the Communistic approach to threads/comments. I went to defend my word and found its a closed thread.

What's going on here?

I'm a senior member here, contributing to this forum and ready to DELETE my account.

I DISAGREE with a COMMUNISTIC approach to this. Its like the US GOV'T now wanting to regulate the Internet.

NOW HAPPY. Period.

I have no problem being snipped either but it bothers me that the thread now reads as if the UMC sold, when in fact it was not, since I linked to it on Ebay. Right after I did that, the OP tried to remove the Ebay ad but you can still see it since Ebay shows removes ads. Now that thread reads like it sold quicky which may give people the wrong impression about prices.

Was wiztecy really banned or did he leave volunarily? I sure hope he was not banned, unless stuff went on behind the scenes that I don't know about. Even if his posts did cross the line, we all have bad days some days and say things we later regret.

I agree with the original poster. There were several posts moved by "Doug" from a "for sale" thread for no reason, only one of the posts from the OP could have come across as rude but it's nothing us adults couldn't handle reading.

Nigel also moved a post of mine to the snippiness thread and turned my "reputation" red, telling me that I should be the one to leave this site....maybe Nigel needs a break from this site or maybe it's time for some new younger fresh blood moderating.

The moderators of this site should ONLY step in when things get REALLY bad, most of the people here can work things out themselves and if things get heated OH WELL.....let it.

Loosing faith in TMC - Closed thread. WTF?

I've spent a lot of time in the past as a moderator on a different car forum and I appreciate that it is a time consuming and generally thankless job full of difficult judgement calls on situations for which there are often no clear right or wrong decisions. I think the moderation on this forum is quite good. Kudos to all the moderators!

The moderators of this site should ONLY step in when things get REALLY bad, most of the people here can work things out themselves and if things get heated OH WELL.....let it.

There are many other places on the internet for that. Here we have a basic standard of civility guided by published rules that most have no problem following.
Forum Rules

There are many other places on the internet for that. Here we have a basic standard of civility guided by published rules that most have no problem following.
Forum Rules

Yeah I have read "Forum Rules". None of which I have violated....yet my reputation was made red then grey by an overbearing moderator.

It seems to me that you and your moderators use your personal opinions to moderate, over stepping the rules of this forum.

I agree with the original poster. There were several posts moved by "Doug" from a "for sale" thread for no reason, only one of the posts from the OP could have come across as rude but it's nothing us adults couldn't handle reading.

Nigel also moved a post of mine to the snippiness thread and turned my "reputation" red, telling me that I should be the one to leave this site....maybe Nigel needs a break from this site or maybe it's time for some new younger fresh blood moderating.

Yet some posters, specifically in the For Sale thread, have asked that comments they didn't like be removed.

I can only imagine how heated threads get on a Prius forum.

What does the type of forum have to do with how heated discussions can get? People can argue over scooters.

I want to thank the moderators here. It's a private forum and as such it's a privilege to be here - not a right. I've had my fair share of being snipped. In the beginning it irked me but now I realize it makes this place better to err on the side of caution, rather than on the side of offending people. So I just let it roll off my back if I don't agree with it, or realize later that I stepped over the line.

Nigel also moved a post of mine to the snippiness thread and turned my "reputation" red, telling me that I should be the one to leave this site....

That's a straight out lie and you know it. The comment I left you as a reason for the negative reputation points was:

Nigel said:
Suggesting someone else should leave. Not cool. NigelM

You got reputation points deducted because it was the second time you've done this.

P.S. If you want to claim I wrote anything else go to your "Settings" page, take a screenshot and post it here.

I can only imagine how heated threads get on a Prius forum.

- - - Updated - - -

And they were removed because they should have been, whats your point?

Her point is that you are being inconsistent in arguing for laissez-faire moderation, while at the same time arguing redundantly in a for sale thread that people shouldn't be posting their opinions in those threads.

That's a straight out lie and you know it. The comment I left you as a reason for the negative reputation points was:

You got reputation points deducted because it was the second time you've done this.

P.S. If you want to claim I wrote anything else go to your "Settings" page, take a screenshot and post it here.

That is 100% not a lie, you edited your comment after I called you out on it so it's kind of hard for me to post a screen shot of your previous comment.

You 100% know that your comment was rude and uncalled for that is why you edited it and changed my reputation from red to grey.

When has TMC been taking the Communistic approach to threads/comments. I went to defend my word and found its a closed thread.

What's going on here?

I'm a senior member here, contributing to this forum and ready to DELETE my account.

I DISAGREE with a COMMUNISTIC approach to this. Its like the US GOV'T now wanting to regulate the Internet.

NOW HAPPY. Period.

I apologies for hijacking your thread.

That is 100% not a lie, you edited your comment after I called you out on it so it's kind of hard for me to post a screen shot of your previous comment.

You 100% know that your comment was rude and uncalled for that is why you edited it and changed my reputation from red to grey.

Good lord. Moderators cannot edit reputation comments. (Though now maybe I may be called out a liar for saying that.)

As for your repeated accusation that reputation was changed from red to grey ... red is 'negative', grey is 'neutral'. Going from red to grey is a GOOD thing. It means you're closer to being green again than you were when it was red.

Last edited: