Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topeka to Springfield Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning on a trip in 3 - 4 months, and from the looks of it, I'm not going to be able to get from Topeka to Springfield. Is there any charging solutions between these cities? I really didn't want to drive the 'Northern' route, but the distance between these cities will mandate at least 1 charging stop.

Of course, depending on the winds and direction of travel, charging requirements could be substantially different.

Scotty

plugshare shows a few charging options in route, including one in Springfield. Lamar City Park Lamar, MO 64759 and 1229 E. Seminole, Springfield, MO 65804. Both seem to be RV 14-50 plugs. Other parking options with J1772 as well inside Springfield

Do you mean Springfield, IL or MO?
Assuming you mean "IL" since you mentioned the northern route, there are a plethora of J1772 in KC, at least one hotel with a HPWC and at least one forum member who has shared his in the past (gonna let you do your own research on that one). Likewise, in STL, there are a number of forum members who routinely share their HPWC, there are at least 2 hotels and the Tesla service center with HPWCs. also, in 3-4 months the St. Charles Supercharger should be operational making things MUCH easier on you. that time of the year weather should be favorable as well.

Definitely keep an eye on the St Charles, MO Supercharger. Last word I saw was that they had marked the field. Hopefully construction will start soon and I'd expect it to be running in time for your trip. You may still need to top off in KC or Columbia (see Plugshare) to be extra safe. We're planning the same trip for next month and will be staying overnight at the Stony Creek Hotel in Columbia, Missouri as there's a J1772 across the street. We'll probably need to top off again in KC to make it to Topeka.