Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla crashes into bank in Issaquah

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla crashes through US Bank brick wall

Maybe he was just unhappy with his financing plan? No injuries to driver or anyone in the bank. - Full Article

150215_tesla_big.jpg

The important thing here is that no one was hurt, this is one solid car, apparently more solid than a brick wall :wink:

We'll see what comes of it, but I'm guessing its a classic case of panic/confusion and smashing the wrong pedal, which can happen in any car. And older gentleman plowed into my dads car last year claiming he had the "brake to the floor"... by the distance he pushed my dad's car, it was the gas he had on the floor.

Huh. And I thought all of the "Tank Mode" comments were purely about the underbelly reinforcement.

Apparently it really is a tank - or at least an APC. Is there an optional cannon turret that I somehow haven't seen yet? :)
Walter

I'm betting on "stalk direction" confusion, not pedal confusion. The Drive/Reverse direction on the stalk isn't intuitive; my wife, who drives the Model S only occasionally, has from time to time selected the wrong direction. Fortunately, she has a light foot on the pedal and so always recovers without incident. But if you flipped it into D, thinking you were in R, then gunned it ---

And, wow, it's amazing that the Model S held up so well. Probably totaled, once you add up all the work that will need to be done, but not even the beginnings of "crumple" in the crumple zone.

I'm betting on "stalk direction" confusion, not pedal confusion. The Drive/Reverse direction on the stalk isn't intuitive; my wife, who drives the Model S only occasionally, has from time to time selected the wrong direction. Fortunately, she has a light foot on the pedal and so always recovers without incident. But if you flipped it into D, thinking you were in R, then gunned it ---

And, wow, it's amazing that the Model S held up so well. Probably totaled, once you add up all the work that will need to be done, but not even the beginnings of "crumple" in the crumple zone.

I have myself had that confusion once or twice, but I also have a VERY light touch in parking lots. WAY too many people start too fast from parking spaces, and drive WAY too fast in parking lots. I have learned to drive extremely defensively in parking lots!

I have myself had that confusion once or twice, but I also have a VERY light touch in parking lots. WAY too many people start too fast from parking spaces, and drive WAY too fast in parking lots. I have learned to drive extremely defensively in parking lots!

Not to mention... I have learned to *WALK* extremely defensively in parking lots!!!! Especially with all these silent new-fangled 'lectric thingamabobs running around

The car has been removed and all is boarded up. I've lived in the area for about 15 years and that bank has been there the entire time. It's real brick. Could've been weak but definately wasn't brick facade that is commonly used on buildings now. There's another pic of the car as it was being pulled out on the Internet looks like just an 85 badge.

i was really hoping to see the front end of it.

it looks like the photo cred was given to a dr (both photos actually) wonder if it's his car.

Last edited:

This is where a back-up beep can be a little helpful, although often the omission means you go forwards by mistake, as in this case.
Possibly more helpful would be the front radar with crash protection. And an Offed option to limit power on first move after the car was off.