Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster: Couple Cheap Tricks:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wycolo

May 16, 2012
WA & WY
1. Convenient stash for CAN I:

2.0-CAN.I.stash.jpg

Kept in a Subway bag with plastic end UP. Cannot fall out.

2. More heat for driver's feet (test):

2.0-box.jpg

Box is 11.5 x 13 x 13.75 double strength. Useful for carrying stuff and keeping dog safer during decelleration.

Since most of the heat in my car is directed into passenger's feet, this box aims it toward driver. Seems to work!
--

1. Convenient stash for CAN I:

Good idea, although I like to store both CAN JR as well as CAN SR in between the seats in the middle. If you have a padded storage bag you can pull each one out by the draw string. Saves opening your trunk and digging around to find the CANs. But I've been told it falls behind the driver's seat if you have it adjusted very far forward, so maybe that idea only works for tall people.

If you have a CAN, but didn't get a storage bag with a drawstring, let me know and I'll send you one.
'

The trunk could really use some kind of an "organizer" insert. A way to put smaller things in there without them rolling all around.

A good way to create custom organizer dividers for the trunk is to use L-shaped or rectangular gray foam that is used to pack electronic components with the "hook" part of Velcro epoxyed to it. It will stick to the trunk bed or liner whereever it is put, and it is easy to make custom spaces for items. I have not done this in the Roadster but it worked great for many years in my former E34 M5 to keep my briefcase (when I used to carry one) anchored in the trunk to keep it from sliding back and forth with acceleration and deceleration. If you have not saved any of this gray packing foam from previous purchases, it can likely be found in a craft store.

I noticed that the CAN I support on the squeeze bulb bracket was not 100%, although it had never slipped off after months of use. Added a small plastic sauce container with the bottom half of a foam coffee cup inside it. Now the skinny end of the CAN can be DOWN and the bracket seems to be supporting everything more securely.

Stashing the CAN I so close to the ChargePort saves all manner of climbing in & out of the Roadster or having to clear the trunk lid of snow & ice.

The ModelS has no ready made area to stash its adapters (CAN II & J1772) but I'm compelled to create something cheap & quick.
--