Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invite to 2015 Rally4Memories May 2-4 on Vancouver Island

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ugliest1

S85: "Sparky"
Supporting Member
Aug 19, 2013
Victoria BC Canada
If you'd like to enter a fun event, and help a good cause, check out the Rally 4 Memories now in its fourth year. The 2015 version will go from Victoria BC to Painter's Lodge in Campbell River on Saturday May 2nd. Your entry fee of $600 per car (based on 2 people, driver & navigator) includes:
• A tax receipt sent to all participants
• Driver's meeting kick-off at Vancouver Island Brewery
• Wine tasting at 40 Knots Vineyard & Estate Winery
• TWO night's accommodation in an ocean view room at Painter’s Lodge
• Arrival reception including drinks & appetizers
• A delicious dinner prepared exclusively for our event
• A selection of Silent Auction items to bid on
• And, of course, lunch mid-Island. This year we are pleased to be hosted by Pacific Prime at the Beach Club in Parksville.

My wife and I entered last year's event to Tofino at the last minute, having heard about it a couple of days before on the news. We were the only Tesla amongst a sea of Mercedes, Jaguars, Porsches and the like. The other participants were very friendly. Join us this year and make EVs noticed!!! (Although, last year, just the one Tesla was noticed quite a bit... let's make it a target-rich environment!!)

Via EV Planner the distance is about 180 rated miles (290 rated km; 265 actual km). There are a couple of Level 2 EVSE's in Campbell River and plenty up and down the Island. I have spoken with Painter's Lodge and while they don't have a Destination Charging setup at this point, they were very cooperative and intrigued by the notion of an EV staying there.

More info and how to sign up: Rally 4 Memories, the Drive for Dementia, Saturday, May 2, 2015

If you have any burning questions PM me. It would be great to have the Tesla brand outnumber any other brand in the rally!! :)