Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla dent repair: Paintless dent extraction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife backed my model s into another car and the side panel above the bumper got dented pretty bad.
I was resigned to the fact that the panel would need to be replaced which according to others with similar damage would cost $4000-7000 in Tesla authorized shop.
Decided to look into dent extraction even though I have been told aluminum would be very difficult.
I contacted Rich at Auto Recon Express in Irvine, CA.
He came to my house, worked in my garage and the pictures speak for themselves.
I can't believe the results. I never would have thought it was possible even with steel let alone aluminum. He said not many will be experienced enough to fix a dent like mine but thank God for Rich.
My dent was particularly difficult.
Just wanted to share for all those in Southern California as any dent simpler than mine can be fixed for 1/10 the price of replacement.
I told Rich to contact the Costa Mesa Service center to let them know about his services. To me it's a win win. I am not sure about the rules for posting but if I am able to post his contact info I can do that if someone gives me an ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 3,125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 2,165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    932 KB · Views: 2,135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844 KB · Views: 2,156
Wow. That is amazing!

Only one tiny little spot by the parking sensor is the only thing I can see left. A little bit of touch up paint on the end of a toothpick would take car of that.

It would probably be more effective to get him on your service center's radar if you called them to provide an owner referral, rather than a vendor cold calling them to solicit their services.

Reactions: Reekdog
I was in for service at Portland last year when the tech pointed outs all (about1 inch square) and said they had a paintlessdentremlval guy who could fix it. I agreed and. They did a excellent job, completely invisible.

I was glad the SC suggested this option. Only cost $100. As I recall.

• Informative
Reactions: ilovemycoffee
Wow. We had small dent on rear quarter when my wife back her S40 into a landscape post in our driveway. Small crease at 5mph but went to a few dentless repair places in the OC and both said sorry can't fix it and good luck. $13K later European motor (Tesla's approved body shop) fixed it like new with a new quarter panel. But seriously yours looks worse and he did an amazing job fixing it.

ACCORDING TO TESLA AND THE TMC SAFETY SQUAD, YOUR TESLA IS NOW TOTALED, UNDRIVABLE, A PLIGHT UPON HUMANITY, AND SHOULD BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY TO THE NEAREST CAR CRUSHER.

*Removes stick from ass*

That is actually a really nice repair, well done Auto Recon Express.

• Love
Reactions: CHG-ON
Wow. We had small dent on rear quarter when my wife back her S40 into a landscape post in our driveway. Small crease at 5mph but went to a few dentless repair places in the OC and both said sorry can't fix it and good luck. $13K later European motor (Tesla's approved body shop) fixed it like new with a new quarter panel. But seriously yours looks worse and he did an amazing job fixing it.

ditto ditto. At the Irvine Spectrum someone back into our Model S (did not leave a note) and left a golf ball size dent in rear quarter panel (?tow ball on a large truck?). $13,000 and 8 weeks later European motor made it as good as new. I was out a $1000 for the deductible, wish I had known about Rich !
It looks great !