Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I just take someone's Reservation #?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
Apparently Tesla has over 20,000 reservations (not counting cancelations, as pointed out here on the forums: Just Reserved, YAY! # In Line Mirrors: Conflicting Stories?!), yet when I placed my reservation earlier this week, I received the following sequence number: 15,827. Is it possible Tesla bumped me ahead of others? There's CERTAINLY a huge gap between 15.8k and 20k... So unless Tesla is over-inflating their numbers, that has to be the case, right? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Last edited:
Apparently Tesla has over 20,000 reservations (not counting cancelations, as pointed out here on the forums: Just Reserved, YAY! # In Line Mirrors: Conflicting Stories?!), yet when I placed my reservation earlier this week, I received the following sequence number: [FONT=arial, sans-serif]15,827. Is it possible Tesla bumped me ahead of others? There's CERTAINLY a huge gap between 15.8k and 20k... So unless Tesla is over-inflating their numbers, that has to be the case, right? Thank you in advance for your replies. [/FONT]

It's also very possible you got US production #15,XXX and their numbers include sigs and EU reservations as well.

Huh, Tesla told me over those phone (from several reps) that those in the US who order "today should expect theirs to be delivered sometime between early to mid 2016"?

Over two years ago, they told me to expect delivery of my X in short order. We know how that turned out. :)

I'd go with 'hope'. As in I personally hope to see my X in September (even though they said August), but think it's more likely by EOY.

Over two years ago, they told me to expect delivery of my X in short order. We know how that turned out. :)

I'd go with 'hope'. As in I personally hope to see my X in September (even though they said August), but think it's more likely by EOY.
Yikes... I know there have been setbacks, as I've been following them, but you'd think once they get it into production that things would go more smoothly than they did with the S. I mean, they just recently completed a retrofit of their manufacturing facilities and are able to crank the S out in high numbers: Factory Upgrade | Tesla Motors

Yikes... I know there have been setbacks, as I've been following them, but you'd think once they get it into production that things would go more smoothly than they did with the S. I mean, they just recently completed a retrofit of their manufacturing facilities and are able to crank the S out in high numbers: Factory Upgrade | Tesla Motors

Yes, we would like for things to be smooth and no production problems or last-minute modifications required. We have learned to EXPECT delays. Tesla is a growing company, a company that is "not normal". Expect the unexpected -- sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Me, I'm almost hoping for early 2016 for my delivery so it will be a "2016" model (meaningless, but not really), and in hopes that not many people have cancelled their reservation (unless they bought a Model S instead).

As Sig#1015, we are sure hoping for delivery by Thanksgiving. I'm starting to get used to seeing my "X-ero CO2" license plate on my truck, and the plate really gives people the wrong idea on a Ford F-350.

Still, I'm still highly confident that the car is going to be worth the wait. By this time next year, everyone is going to be talking about the X.
truck plate.JPG

As Sig#1015, we are sure hoping for delivery by Thanksgiving. I'm starting to get used to seeing my "X-ero CO2" license plate on my truck, and the plate really gives people the wrong idea on a Ford F-350.

Still, I'm still highly confident that the car is going to be worth the wait. By this time next year, everyone is going to be talking about the X.
View attachment 72146
Nice - that's classic :D
And if the (likely) delays are as long as the individuals in this thread are suggesting, I probably won't take delivery until 2017, HA!

Nice - that's classic :D
And if the (likely) delays are as long as the individuals in this thread are suggesting, I probably won't take delivery until 2017, HA!
Don't mind the pessimists. The Model X rollout will go much faster than the Model S rollout. Elon already called for 30,000-50,000 deliveries in 2016, which would take care of all current reservations within the first half of the year. The biggest uncertainty is with the earlier reservations, as slight changes in the production rate could push the delivery date by several weeks or months.

Don't mind the pessimists. The Model X rollout will go much faster than the Model S rollout. Elon already called for 30,000-50,000 deliveries in 2016, which would take care of all current reservations within the first half of the year. The biggest uncertainty is with the earlier reservations, as slight changes in the production rate could push the delivery date by several weeks or months.

I definitely hope you're right, especially considering the fact that Tesla just recently upgraded/retooled their factory.

If the model S is a comparison, expect delays in production. However, a high percentage of people with a reservation will also delay or cancel. My model S reservation was in the 4000s and my model S vin number is in the 2000s. To get an early model S, we had to order an 85 with air suspension. There may be similar requirements for the model X.

If the model S is a comparison, expect delays in production. However, a high percentage of people with a reservation will also delay or cancel. My model S reservation was in the 4000s and my model S vin number is in the 2000s. To get an early model S, we had to order an 85 with air suspension. There may be similar requirements for the model X.

Yeah, there have certainly been delays, considering initial production was slated for 2013... Haha... That being said, you'd think their factory could handle it at this point (once manufacturing starts), especially with having recently updating it and all they've learned thus far.