Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NH HPWC owners please help a fellow...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I live in NH and had an appoint with JP sons rec by Tesla. They came late and didn't have any 3awc or circuit breakers and then went shopping and never called back on their own. They wanted to use Al.

Please let me know who did you install it with, I would really appreciate your help. Need an electrician who did this and knows wth is going on.

many many thanks!

I don’t live in NH, but I once considered moving there...

I can comment on the Aluminum wiring: I have 2 HPWC installed at two different locations in AZ - one in Tucson and one in Pinetop (which has similar weather to NH). Both have aluminum wiring from the main panel to a sub-panel running at 80A (with 100A breaker). One installation has aluminum from the sub-panel to the HPWC; the other installation has copper (3 feet) from the sub-panel to the HPWC. I believe the aluminum is 2 gauge. The 2 gauge is a bit tight going into the HPWC terminals, but it is manageable. I wouldn't worry about the aluminum wiring.

Hi guys,

I live in NH and had an appoint with JP sons rec by Tesla. They came late and didn't have any 3awc or circuit breakers and then went shopping and never called back on their own. They wanted to use Al.

Please let me know who did you install it with, I would really appreciate your help. Need an electrician who did this and knows wth is going on.

many many thanks!

Wow I must be the only one with HPWC in NH, >>100 views and no reply.

Wow I must be the only one with HPWC in NH, >>100 views and no reply.

Probably nobody replied because they didn't know an electrician in Concord. I don't either but I live in VT about 1.5 hrs away and I'm knowledgeable about installing an HPWC. Feel free to send me a PM if you still have any questions. While copper is a little better than aluminum, it's also more expensive and probably not worth the extra money unless it's a relatively short run. You should use #2 aluminum or #3 copper. The Centennial Hotel on Pleasant St installed 2 HPWC recently. Perhaps you should ask who installed them.

Need HPWC installer anywhere in NH or adjacent states.

Probably nobody replied because they didn't know an electrician in Concord. I don't either but I live in VT about 1.5 hrs away and I'm knowledgeable about installing an HPWC. Feel free to send me a PM if you still have any questions. While copper is a little better than aluminum, it's also more expensive and probably not worth the extra money unless it's a relatively short run. You should use #2 aluminum or #3 copper. The Centennial Hotel on Pleasant St installed 2 HPWC recently. Perhaps you should ask who installed them.

Thanks! I don't need someone in Concord, can be anywhere in NH or adjacent states. I could prob install it myself but do not have the time to do it. Nonetheless many thanks!
You wanna come and help me? lol

I checked with my electrician, and unfortuantely, he isn't able to go all the way out to Concord. He primarily deals with generators, and his schedule is packed right now.

We took a trip up to Conway a couple of years ago, and met an EV enthusiast in Epping via plugshare. He didn't own a Tesla, but he has done several EV conversions and has wired his house to support them. You might want to check with him to see if he could either help you or refer someone. | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

If not him, you could also search via plugshare for other HPWC installations near you and contact some of them to see who they used. I see one hotel in Concord, and another in Manchester.
Sorry I couldn't provide better help.

Great suggestion. I called 2 times until the manager finally returned my call and went to VM (due to no coverage). Anyways the message goes liek this....."....any electrician can do it..")...lol what a waste of time.

Thank you. I will have it installed for $750 incl permit this Friday.
how much you paid for your and where are you located in NH? My car will be deliv next week, we should meet...

I'm in Nashua. I think mine was a bit more due to parts, but he ran a really long #1 wire from my main, and installed a subpanel in my garage from my basement. How far is your HPWC from your panel? I won't have my car until mid March if everything goes according to plan.

I'm in Nashua. I think mine was a bit more due to parts, but he ran a really long #1 wire from my main, and installed a subpanel in my garage from my basement. How far is your HPWC from your panel? I won't have my car until mid March if everything goes according to plan.

All installed this Friday for $700 state of art. He used 2 awg better.