Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

license plate in the front of the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guys I think I finally found a pretty good 2013 Model S p85 performance plus. The only drawback is that they nailed the front license plate to the front bumper, the sales rep says it can be easily filled and you won't notice the difference is that true? For some reason that bothers me.

hey guys I think I finally found a pretty good 2013 Model S p85 performance plus. The only drawback is that they nailed the front license plate to the front bumper, the sales rep says it can be easily filled and you won't notice the difference is that true? For some reason that bothers me.

'nailed to the bumper'---do you mean the nosecone? This can be replaced. About $400 for pre-PDC Model S.

Here is an easy fix for you and DIY project.

Buy a box of these at your local auto parts store.
IMG_0861.jpg

Sand and paint the ends of the buttons, Touch up paint will do fine. Drill out the existing holes to ~1/4"

Insert the plugs into the holes. Below is the result from my wife's Mercedes.

IMG_0862.jpg

What are your thoughts on this car? Can you replace the piano black with carbon fiber as a retrofit?? Anyone done this before?

The car looks pretty sharp, but it's so hard to tell without being very close to the vehicle. Also, I can't really tell (and somebody else probably can) whether the side view mirrors are the power folding model or not. However, when I zoom in on the best pictures of that area, it looks like it does not have the power folding switch on the driver-side door mounted buttons.

There are some threads here about replacing the trim. It's not something I personally would look to do as some of the aluminum trim around the insert is pretty delicate.

Obviously there are some inaccuracies in the description of the car, but that's typical of car dealers.

What are your thoughts on this car? Can you replace the piano black with carbon fiber as a retrofit?? Anyone done this before?

My understanding is that it's very hard to do because of the disassembly required. Assuming that Tesla would do it, expect $4K. I'd look around locally for a quality place to change this.

They can't seem to sell it. Dropped price another $1k dropping it to $91k with 2800 miles for a 2013 P85+
I guess its still too high priced. But the P85D is $125k priced out, a difference of $34k from this one. 1/3 is a lot more for dual motor power and autopilot feature.

Last edited:
Not going to be a reasonable price at all. Most places that do clear body wrap also do the fake CF films.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an easy fix for you and DIY project.

Buy a box of these at your local auto parts store.

Sand and paint the ends of the buttons, Touch up paint will do fine. Drill out the existing holes to ~1/4"

Insert the plugs into the holes. Below is the result from my wife's Mercedes.
Wow - you added parking sensors for a few dollars! ;)