Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged Charge Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My charge port has stopped glowing (red/blue/green/orange) and the car keeps complaining that the charge port door is open. Car received about 2 months ago and has ~1350 miles on it. Goes in for service next week. Sent an email to Tesla and they jumped on it pretty quick.
Is this what you mean by "damaged". I would say it is malfunctioning, not damaged. But I guess the service center will make that call.

My charge port door would not open without lengthy tinkering. In the end, my whole charge port had to be replaced because they found something wrong with the harness going to the charge port. So charge port issues are certainly possible. Not sure if damaged applies in your situation.

I had an issue with the charge port door sticking. They fixed that by realigning the door and placing a shim. I also had the charge port itself replaced because when the charger would be plugged in, I would initially receive an error message that it coukld not charge. Then, anywhere from 10-30 seconds later, it would turn green and start to charge. This issue started right after a firmware update and I told the service center it was firmware related. They disagreed and replaced the charge port. But they also updated the firmware in the car at the same time. Thus, there is no way for me to know which was the real culprit.

My p85d's charge port was kind of posessed - opening and closing on it's own, and reporting that it was open when it wasn't. I took it in for service and it was replaced. It would have been same-day, but they kept it overnight due to having to source the part. I was super pleased with the result and the experience.

after about 4 weeks, mine stopped opening reliably. it would make the clunk sound but then not actually open. this happened when pressing the button on the touchscreen AND via the button on the UMC. temp workaround was to start the car again, then get out, and it would usually pop open.

Service Center replaced the charge port, under warranty, about a week ago. so far so good.