Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lines overlaid on camera in reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologize if this is old news. I have been out of country for a month or so, but didn't find anything searching. Picked up a loaner 85 yesterday from the SC. Surprised to see back up lines overlaid on the rear camera while in reverse. Did this happened when they changed the hardware to enable ACC and auto-pilot? Wonder if our old cars will get an update...not holding my breath though.

What's even more exciting is that v6.1 can finally draw over the camera image. So your Homelink and Profile menus can drop down over the video image if it is on the top-half of the screen. Similarly, if the camera is on the bottom-half of the screen, your temperature and volume pop-ups can finally be displayed (I haven't seen those in years, since I always keep the camera at the bottom-half).

I wish these lines were better anti-aliased. They look pretty shoddy right now.

They should be solid white (or have some color coding), with a one or two pixel anti-aliased border around them--then they'd look a lot nicer. (Sorry, been designing an app UI for the last 6 months :).