Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd row seats are a piece of sculptural beauty.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reclining and with a foot rest would be really nice, especially for those cross country record runs. You should be able to slide them way back occupying some of the space where the third row would be.
Five point seat belts for the performance version to make sure you don't slide out :biggrin:
Oh, and cup holders / cooler

I heard/read around here somewhere that the second row seats would "present themselves" for easy access, entry / exit and putting in children, lifting up things etc so it is possible this "structural beauty" is an entire row that turns, moves, maybe goes out and up thanks to falcon wing doors? Who knows? It sounds like something Elon would be very excited though that's for sure. How much of a game changer? I don't know because I've never owned/used or felt the need for an SUV, I wouldn't know.

I just hope he hasn't oversold the seats. "Now I'm going to tell you the funniest joke in the world", is a set-up for laugh failure. Nothing ever quite measures up to the hype. Those seats better be good.

Precisely what I've been thinking, including the analogy. I've been teaching my son that nuance with joke-telling. Don't let anyone know it's a joke!

Ford B-Max solution

b-max-adaptado.50226.jpg

Ford-B-MAX-05.jpg

Track record for what? He's already made the best, most beautiful EV the world has ever seen. Sure, he is found of hyperbole, but he also is one of the few people that can deliver on it.

He previously gushed about v6.0 software release and it was a bit of a yawner. I guess we should have known when he repeatedly talked up his favorite feature of the release: being able to name your car. I'm STILL scratching my head over that one.

He previously gushed about v6.0 software release and it was a bit of a yawner. I guess we should have known when he repeatedly talked up his favorite feature of the release: being able to name your car. I'm STILL scratching my head over that one.

Oh please. It's obvious he wanted all the features of 6.0, 6.1, and for all we know 6.2 all rolled into one update but for whatever reason it didn't happen. That's totally different from him describing seats he's already seen.

Track record for what? He's already made the best, most beautiful EV the world has ever seen. Sure, he is found of hyperbole, but he also is one of the few people that can deliver on it.

That, and more. Elon tends to get ahead of himself and promise things that aren't ready, don't come to fruition or just gush about things that most others don't have the same level of enthusiasm for.

It's a good and bad thing, and no one is doubting what he has done for Tesla. I'm merely pointing out (as most, I think, know) that you have to take many of his statements, timelines and levels of excitement with a grain of salt.