Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 16 - Tesla Owners rally in St. Joseph, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friends and fans,

Delivering on our promise from October, the Minnesota Renegades are once again exercising their rights of free speech and paying a visit to the great State of Michigan this Spring. We welcome all with open hearts to join us for a day of community and discovery at our second club rally.

Near the shores of Lake Michigan, at the Tesla Supercharger in St. Joseph, MI on Saturday May 16, 2015, several Tesla owners from Minnesota will be on-site for the day to show their vehicles, perhaps even giving a few rides. We are extending a special invitation to Michigan Tesla owners to join us, and we hope to see owners from the region, as well as EV owners in the area.

Summary:
Saturday, May 16, 2015
(approximately) 9:00am-5:00pm
Tesla Supercharger in St. Joseph, MI (near Panera Bread)

Additional Charging:
L2 - Benton Harbor (Whirlpool Corporation)

L2 - Buchanan, MI (Municipal)
L2 – South Haven, MI (Consumers Energy)

Hotels:
Contact me privately for this information; we are pursuing a group rate.

Please note: this is organized by private owners and it is in no way supported, staffed, or sponsored by Tesla Motors, in compliance with Michigan dealer laws. Permission was obtained from leadership of the Panera Bread franchise to hold the owners' rally. Please be considerate of restaurant patrons and park in back (by the superchargers).

Will be happy to join in. I have a home at Magician Lake about 15 miles from St Joe.
BTW: I have solar
icon6.gif
charging available for several cars if needed.

Thanks for putting on an event. The only downside is the location isn't very central to Michigan residents, particularly those from the east side of the state. I understand the convenience of holding it at a Supercharger, but attendance would likely be better if held in a central location such as Lansing.

Thanks for putting on an event. The only downside is the location isn't very central to Michigan residents, particularly those from the east side of the state. I understand the convenience of holding it at a Supercharger, but attendance would likely be better if held in a central location such as Lansing.

Timf,
Note that this was organized by the Minnesota Renegades! St. Joseph simply looked like a neat place to visit, and within a day's driving of the Twin Cities. I'd love nothing better than to see Michigan have regular owner's rallies, and I certainly hope this rally helps kick things off. We're doing this because one of us said we would, plus we had a good time in Des Moines.

Nice to hear about this! I drive a Volt and work for Whirlpool, and live just a minute's walk from Panera Bread so this is going to be an epic day for me! Planned on buying a S85 last year, even placed a deposit and all but went with a Volt in the end. Regretting it everyday. :)

Hope to see y'all there, hope to make it myself.

P.S. I also have a couple of 120V outdoor outlets a minute's walk from Panera Bread for any EVs, at my place.

Nice to hear about this! I drive a Volt and work for Whirlpool, and live just a minute's walk from Panera Bread so this is going to be an epic day for me! Planned on buying a S85 last year, even placed a deposit and all but went with a Volt in the end. Regretting it everyday. :)

Hope to see y'all there, hope to make it myself.

P.S. I also have a couple of 120V outdoor outlets a minute's walk from Panera Bread for any EVs, at my place.

Glad to have you, Graham110. I note there's charging at Whirlpool HQ, is it employees only? There were no notes on Chargepoint.com about rules. Given the distance from Panera to the Whirlpool HQ, that Volt probably makes a lot of financial sense if you drive it primarily for commuting, because that would be 100% electric mileage. Glad to have a local!

Glad to have you, Graham110. I note there's charging at Whirlpool HQ, is it employees only? There were no notes on Chargepoint.com about rules. Given the distance from Panera to the Whirlpool HQ, that Volt probably makes a lot of financial sense if you drive it primarily for commuting, because that would be 100% electric mileage. Glad to have a local!

Nope, it's open to the public! I also worked with the facilities to make sure the spots are clear - they gave us six EV-only spots, which are enough for us. No Teslas sighted yet. Given that this is on a Saturday, the empty parking lot at Whirlpool NAR HQ would be a perfect spot for charging many EVs at once. You need your ChargePoint card, however.

I wasn't expecting it but I ended up using my vehicle primarily for travelling 120-200 miles at a time, 2-3 times a week - a Tesla would been great! But yes, the Volt is a beauty for short all-electric commuting.

Thanks for hosting, Vexar.

Nope, it's open to the public! I also worked with the facilities to make sure the spots are clear - they gave us six EV-only spots, which are enough for us. No Teslas sighted yet. Given that this is on a Saturday, the empty parking lot at Whirlpool NAR HQ would be a perfect spot for charging many EVs at once. You need your ChargePoint card, however.

I wasn't expecting it but I ended up using my vehicle primarily for travelling 120-200 miles at a time, 2-3 times a week - a Tesla would been great! But yes, the Volt is a beauty for short all-electric commuting.

Thanks for hosting, Vexar.

Glad to get that detail about the charge locations, Graham110. Hosting has been a team effort with the other Minnesota Renegades. Also, it's a pleasure to (a) drive to places I've never visited (b) meet other Tesla and EV owners, (c) drive my Tesla.

Glad to get that detail about the charge locations, Graham110. Hosting has been a team effort with the other Minnesota Renegades. Also, it's a pleasure to (a) drive to places I've never visited (b) meet other Tesla and EV owners, (c) drive my Tesla.
Vexar, I can take care of any issues if the superchargers are not available. I have an HPWC 80 amps, and 3 NEMA 14-50 outlets all solar powered a short 15 miles from St Joe. And if the boat is out of winter storage by then we can cruise Magician Lake. Although the boat is an ICE vessel, sorry.

Hi, I travel a lot for work but will try and come. I have a place about 4 miles from the St. Joe supercharger. If I am in town can offer 30 amp charging. If I can get my garage remodel redone in time I may be able offer more. So far I have survived on one plug (dryer line) and the supercharger.

Hi, I travel a lot for work but will try and come. I have a place about 4 miles from the St. Joe supercharger. If I am in town can offer 30 amp charging. If I can get my garage remodel redone in time I may be able offer more. So far I have survived on one plug (dryer line) and the supercharger.

Thank you, I hope your schedule works out, it would be great to meet you. Saint Joseph has proven to be a popular Michigan city for Tesla owners.

My wife and I are planning on attending. I live just south of Lansing and currently drive a Volt. We are early Tesla investors and hope to purchase a Model 3. We have made some Tesla friends from previous EV events over the past couple of years here in Michigan. Hopefully, some of them will be able to make it to St. Joe. It is wonderful to have the support of our Tesla/EV friends from Minnesota. VERY unhappy with our Governor's stand on this and certainly am hoping I do not have to purchase out of state. Also working on getting my brother-in-law from Chicago, who recently purchased a Model S, to join us in St. Joe. Looking forward to meeting like minded EV friends on May 16th.

My wife and I are planning on attending. I live just south of Lansing and currently drive a Volt. We are early Tesla investors and hope to purchase a Model 3. We have made some Tesla friends from previous EV events over the past couple of years here in Michigan. Hopefully, some of them will be able to make it to St. Joe. It is wonderful to have the support of our Tesla/EV friends from Minnesota. VERY unhappy with our Governor's stand on this and certainly am hoping I do not have to purchase out of state. Also working on getting my brother-in-law from Chicago, who recently purchased a Model S, to join us in St. Joe. Looking forward to meeting like minded EV friends on May 16th.

William5543, we are very glad to have you join us; you should be able to charge up your Volt at nearby Whirlpool headquarters as well and I hope your brother-in-law will be able to make it. @Woodland1, thank you also for coming up from Indiana; it's great to have new faces. It is events like this and the one we did in Des Moines, IA that build awareness in the community; awareness leads to activism, which means a dialogue with state representatives. State by state, the free market is winning. I'd love it if our owner's rally lent itself to momentum to change laws.