Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: Meet-up with Club Tesla Québec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Florida club members

I am a long time Tesla Owner (roadster and Signature Model S) from Montreal, Canada. In early 2013, a few of us started a, non-profit, Tesla Enthusiasts club up in Montreal, Canada that covers the whole province of Quebec. There are over 300 Model S owners in Quebec and about a third are members of our club. I also have a condo in Aventura, Florida, north of Miami, where I spend some time during the year.

The main reason for my contacting your Florida club here, is that our club has organized a trip down to the Miami area in March. Approximately 26 members (and spouses) are making their way down (or already there during the winter) with their Model S (some joining by plane). We plan on having a few gatherings and events in the area starting March 11th, with the culminating event being our attendance on March 14th at the Formula E race in Miami. We have purchased tickets for the race in the grandstand, all together.

I am reaching out to you to find out 3 main things…

1. Is your club organizing any event or gathering around the Formula E race date and could we potentially look at joining you?

2. Would you be interested in setting up some kind of meet-up or event with our group and yours (drinks, meal, get together etc) to meet some Canadian Tesla owners?

3. Most our members going down will be staying around the Fort Lauderdale area. We are looking to see what the best options are for charging in the area as there currently is no supercharger in South florida. Do you have any suggestions? I have seen that the Hilton in Fort Lauderdale has Tesla HPWC but the rates there are very steep :(. Any information or help would be welcome.

Anyway, I hope that you will consider my points above and look forward to your response.

Regards,

Gad Elmoznino

PS. I tried sending a PM to Larry who seems to be heading up the Florida group but his PM inbox is apparently full.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Item #3

A SuperCharger is being built at the Tesla service center near West Palm Beach and will probably be operational by the time you get here. That's still an hour away from Fort Lauderdale, but it's all we're going to have in the near future.

The small, but highly rated, Victoria Park Hotel in Fort Lauderdale has a Tesla HPWC. I don't know what its max amp output is. I've never been there.

http://thevictoriaparkhotel.com/

Last edited:
Meet-up with Club Tesla Québec on March 12th at 5:15 pm at Yard House Restaurant

Approximately 20 members of Club Tesla Québec will be visiting Southeast Florida and they would like to have a dinner meet-up with our Southeast Region members.

The meet-up and dinner will be at the Yard House Restaurant at The Village at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach on March 12th.

It is important to be at the restaurant by 5:15 pm sharp since we will need 80% of our party present in order to be seated.

http://www.yardhouse.com/home

An invitation has been sent to the Southeast Region of our club. A prompt RSVP would be appreciated.

If you are a Tesla owner, but not a member of our club you are still welcome to join us. Just respond to this thread.

If you are interested in joining our club, please click on the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts link in my signature.

Larry

I received an excellent suggestion today at an event to make upcoming events temporarily a "sticky". This will remain a sticky until the event date passes.

Larry

Edited title to make it clear that this is an active Upcoming event.

Last edited:
I, for one, had a wonderful time. Are there links to pictures of the event?

Hi David,

I just received some photos.

Qubec 1.jpg

Qubec 2.jpg

Qubec 3.jpg

Qubec 4.jpg

Qubec 5.jpg

IMG_5060.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG

Qubec 7.jpg

Hey David, isn't that you in the back?

Qubec 8.jpg

Our Northern friends in the grandstands at the Miami Formula E race.

Qubec 9.jpg

Larry