Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you like your silicone key fob cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about ordering a silicone key fob cover to match the color of my car. Those of you who own this, do you like it? Would you recommend it?

EDIT: Thanks guys - ordered!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from here.
Amazon.com: Silicone FobPocket for the Tesla Model S (Black): Automotive

I like it a lot. I have it for all 3 keys. It's a lot smaller than the cover that Tesla provides. Easy enough to get in and out of my pocket too. Havent had problems with dust or lint. Only problem is that my son likes to take the spare key and play with it when we are not looking.
Interesting. I didn't know Pete started selling on Amazon. I've purchased all my pockets right from the AO website: STORE - FobPockets - Abstract Ocean If you order more than $45 it's cheaper direct, otherwise Amazon wins if you have Prime.

My wife loves her baby blue silicon fob pocket. I have one of my own, but have kept using the "Deluxe" model because it has a carabiner loop. I have a leather one as well, but didn't like the snap and so it sits in a box unused.

They're all really high quality. Pete does a good job with them.

I got a free silicone fob pocket when I ordered a full set of the Sportline TSTs. Nice touch!

I liked the fob pocket a lot! I put mine on a small carabiner and wore it on my belt loop, so I always knew where it was and didn't have to worry about it being in some other pocket or "where are my keys???".

But then the rubber split and tore along the top. So now I'm thinking of replacing it, but just haven't yet.

photo.JPG

The neoprene fob cover that Tesla provided was bulky & loose. I'm glad they give us something to prevent the fob from getting scratched up, but I didn't like it. After about two weeks of usage I felt like the key was going to slide right back out of it.

I ordered the silicon fob from Abstract Ocean as I've been quite happy with it. Very snug fit, good feel, compact and not bulky in my pocket. The black version does pickup a little pocket-fuzz so its not quite as "jet black" as it was when it arrived, but it's not so bad that I've felt like I needed to clean it.

The original coating on my fob came off, exposing the top button, after about 10 months of naked use. So when my car went in for service recently, they put a new coat on the fob. Since I imagine it will happen again, I recently ordered a silicone grey one from Abstract Ocean, plus the "mystery gift", since I like surprises, and for $4.99 what the heck:

Mystery Gift.... - Abstract Ocean

It should arrive any day now. The only problem I have read about the silicone cover, including in this thread, is the key ring seems to tear off easily so hopefully I can keep the original Tesla wire and key ring on the fob and feed it through the case and then perhaps trim off the silicone attachment to make it smaller and less bulky.