Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toroidion 1MW electric supercar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More like a potential Rimac or Koenigsegg killer.

Chances are they will never deliver a dozen before the company folds.

But I wish them all the best.

A BEV Ferrari would be cool and there are a dozen companies trying to become just that all over North America and Europe.

1333 hp electric car. Must be powered by lithium polymer batteries or capacitor/battery combo. If it is capacitors it will only be 1MW for very short bursts...enough to go from 0-60 in 2 seconds I assume.

Finnish start up claims to reveal 1MW supercar

Toroidion Ltd

Finnish car maker Toroidion to reveal 1000kW electric hyper car - ElectricAutosport.com

This is in finnish:

Salaperäinen suomalaisyritys kehittää maailman tehokkainta sähköautoa - Autot - Auto - Helsingin Sanomat

(picture's car is unrelated to this car)

Article says that they are planning to introduce in April in Monaco full electric car with 1MW. According to article they have approx. 20 employees. Cars will of course be hand built.

Last edited:
P85D killer comes from Finland:

"The Toroidion 1MW (shorthand for one mega-watt, the vehicle's projected metric output) is scheduled to debut in April at Top Marques Monaco, so watch this space for more."

Toroidion 1MW electric supercar to debut in Monaco

Toroidion 1 MW car (if it will ever reach sales) will probably cost one order of magnitude more than Tesla P85D. One data point is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenigsegg_Agera#Koenigsegg_One:1 which costs 2.5 million dollars. Car which price tag has seven digits does not compete with car with six digits price tag.

Toiroidion (if all goes perfectly) will probably sell 1-10 such cars. They are hand build toys for very rich people.

Agreed. What I tried to say is that it's an electric car that will probably accelerate quicker than P85D. There are also other similar projects going on in other countries.

Btw. Toroidion spokesman said in the interview that they are aiming for the wider consumer market later.

Sauliala's blog about Toroidion:
"My guess of Toroidion, the Finnish supercar"
(Nothing new there, but linked it anyway...)

Agreed. What I tried to say is that it's an electric car that will probably accelerate quicker than P85D. There are also other similar projects going on in other countries.

Btw. Toroidion spokesman said in the interview that they are aiming for the wider consumer market later.

First an expensive but low volume car, and then one for masses (where I have heard that before?)

Last edited:
Electric 'hypercar' Toroidion 1MW boasts 1,341 horsepower

Electric 'hypercar' Toroidion 1MW boasts 1,341 horsepower - May. 6, 2015

I'm a bit skeptical/confused/concerned with the statement below from the article. 1MW able to be removed and charged in the home on an everyday outlet???

"But Pennanen said the Toroidion 1MW is also designed with practicality in mind and he hopes to soon create a family-friendly version.

Unlike a Tesla (TSLA), the Toroidion's battery can be removed and charged indoors using an everyday plug and outlet. Or it can be left in the car and charged using plugs installed on both the front and back of the vehicle."

Their website (Toroidion) mentions a scalable powertrain. Does that mean the version that is recharged in the home is not the 1MW version?

Battery that you can carry indoors... that's a good one. Maybe you can take the individual cells out, meaning you only have to do +-50 trips to get the whole thing inside and charging. Practicality spelled with a capital P right there.