Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 P85 vs 2015 P85D article on TTAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the comments below from the bigtruckseriesreview, made the article amusing :)

It's nice that the car receives constant upgrades to it's interior and features that were lacking in early versions, rather than waiting for the next gen Model S like other manufacturers do.
I can care less about the next "gadgets" in the P85D compared to my P85+, my only "complaint" is that I can't retrofit the dual motor and enjoy the Insane mode :)

I'll probably own my P85+ for a very long time, if not forever unless something really bad happens. I'd love to be able to look at some point in time at the car and re-live the memories surrounding my switch to fully electric in my mind. I'm glad Tesla cars they keep their value for now.

Last edited:
I'm curious, has anyone verified that the P85D has more real world range than the P85?

Working on it: Cottonwood and I have plans later this week to take two P85Ds and a Sig 85 out on some controlled test loops. My experience so far under .139 software in my P85D makes it seem at least plausible that the P85D in Range mode may indeed have the longer legs at moderate highway speeds. As a friend says: "Webesee..."

- - - Updated - - -

Is it true the P85D comes standard with yacht decking center console?

Yes, the latest cars come with the yacht deck standard.

Was it concerning the lane departure warning? Is there realy a buzz?

There is really a buzz. And actually he was really on top of this because until recently it was three buzzes, but just in the past couple of weeks Tesla changed that from three short buzzes to one long one. It was impressive that the article was up to date on that.

' but old cars don’t get new hardware features.'

:wink:

I'm not trying to open that debate!

This was purely a factual error, not open to interpretation, semantics, etc.

Anyone else catch the factual error in the article?

I just wrote the author, in case he wants to correct it, so if you're going to go back and look for it you might have to hurry.

Here's the error I was talking about:

wheels-550x366.jpg

The author referred to the wheels on the right as Turbine wheels. They're Cyclones.