Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric power folding mirrors - tech package 2013+ models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the folks selling their P85 for the P85D, you can pick up a good 2013 P85 for as low as $85k. But none of these have the power folding electric side mirrors, which are important to me. Is that only available in the 2014 models? Anything else new in the 2014 that the 2013 did not have?

How do I know which of the 2013 models have the electric power folding mirrors as part of the tech package?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone told me it was Oct or Nov 2013 that had the electric power folding mirrors
but this car indicates that it does
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/619241625/overview/

But the car was delivered March 2013.

How do I know which of the 2013 models have the electric power folding mirrors as part of the tech package?
The easiest way is to look at the driver’s window switch controls. There is a power folding mirror button between the left/right mirror selects. I have a Dec-2012 Model S and had the power folding mirror retrofitted at the servcie center. The cost varies, depending on what wiring harnesses are present. There is a thread on this at Power Folding Mirrors. There are pictures also, somehere in this forum.

I had them retrofitted on my car, price is as mentioned above depending on what your car currently has equipped. $900-1600 is the range. The price of the actual mirrors has come down to $250 each, then you need a new switch and 'maybe' a new harness. Labor makes up the rest.

With all the folks selling their P85 for the P85D, you can pick up a good 2013 P85 for as low as $85k. But none of these have the power folding electric side mirrors, which are important to me. Is that only available in the 2014 models? Anything else new in the 2014 that the 2013 did not have?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone told me it was Oct or Nov 2013 that had the electric power folding mirrors

Oct/Nov 13 was definitely the cut-over point, because when I ordered my car in Sept. 2013 the folding mirrors were not available, but when I received my car in December it had them fitted.

Agree with irvineboy--earlier build cars can be retrofitted, so you may run across some earlier cars that have had the feature added.

And despite what the ad copy may say, the pics of the car you posted show that it actually does NOT have the power folding mirrors.

11.jpg

You can see here that there is a blank between the two mirror buttons on the switch panel. In a car with power folding mirrors, there would be a third button in between.

- - - Updated - - -

$90K.....I have the same car for sale for $78K. You can have them added to any car for $3K I think.

I just put down my deposit on a 2013 S85 for $75k (black/black/tech/sound/air/sunroof/19s).

It's a Certified Pre Owned, from Tesla. Apparently the first one the sales guy has sold... I emailed to ask about inventory cars, and he said the CPO thing was just starting. I said... do go on!

They are fixing a scratch in the rear of it now, and I should have it next week :) All at their cost. Full refurb.

I was trying so hard to wait for the X, but... TESLA!!! lol.

This should hold me over until I get to drive an X. At which point... I'll order one.

CPO comes Tesla reconditioned, with a 6 year 100,000 bumper to bumper, from date of original delivery... so I have 2015 + 6 years - 2 years of warranty left...

or basically I'm getting a car with a 4 year warranty + a crazy miles warranty.

I'm missing out on power fold mirrors (I don't need), and parking sensors.

While I'd like the sensors, my budget dictates I have no $ for repairs. so long azz warranty, it is!

You are missing out on a lot compared to a new car with a pretty good warranty (although less miles). Most significantly is autopilot sensor package. Active safety (promised). And a whole lot of little things. A new S85 might be $90k - $7500 = not that different than what you are paying. Just food for thought.