Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Angry Dodge Hellcat owner sets 7 rules of ownership, with a nod to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda funny that he starts out with how the owners are doing it wrong and he's annoyed that he has to keep seeing this video of the unfair drag race with the P85D and people talking crap about the Tesla being faster when it isn't - and then at the end he tells them not to race with P85s or P85Ds because they will lose.

Oh, and when he said jet airplanes take off at 400 mph he lost what little credibility he had left. (Fly at 400 mph and more, sure. Take off at less than 150, though.)
Walter

I think the problem with the Hellcat is that it's super hard to put down the power properly on the stock tires even for skilled drivers. Even the magazine tests have not put down 0-60 and 1/4 mile times better than the P85D, even though all the Hellcat fans say it's possible if all the stars align.

Well that video gave me my laugh of the day. Thanks.

It's funny how all these rules have to be followed in order the win race against virtually any car. With both the Roadster and Model S its simple, just get in and go. Any moron can race a Tesla once they know how to start it. You shouldn't have to tinker and adjust anything to get max performance from a car.

I found the Tesla P85D hate funny. Haters gonna hate.

However, the sexist stuff was less amusing (and I'm a guy!). The comment about how a girlfriend will definitely crash if you let her drive with over 500 hp was especially cringeworthy, but maybe my view of female racers is more positive than the average driver after watching the TMConnect videos of Ms. Munter.

59004179.jpg

The comment about how a girlfriend will definitely crash if you let her drive with over 500 hp was especially cringeworthy, but maybe my view of female racers is more positive than the average driver after watching the TMConnect videos of Ms. Munter.

That guy is still in the Stone Age in many ways. He apparently has never heard of Danica Patrick or Janet Guthrie either.

That video was funny. I almost think it was done tongue-in-cheek, or at least I'd like to think so.

I'm curious how the large the market is for the Hellcat. By that I mean what is the intersection between the number of people stupid enough to want one and people who can afford to spend $80k on one. While there are clearly lots in the first set, and a fair number in the second, for some reason I get the impression there's very little overlap in the two and Dodge is unlikely to sell many of these.

I was ready to get mad but after watching it I had to laugh. It seems there are a lot of people buying the Hellcat with no clue to actually drive the thing. On the gas 2.0 article explaining the Hellcat vs. P85D race, I commented how the simplicity of the Tesla is just plain superior to the complexity of an ICE. This guy seems to understand that which is why he says don't ever race against an EV! "You are going to lose and you are going to look like an idiot." Which seems to happen quite a lot for all these ICE owners. I love how he is basically saying to not race anything that you have a chance of losing to. He eliminated EVs, AWD, and adjustable spoiler cars. And don't race a freakin' airplane! You're gonna lose.

Now remember: "Only Use The RED Key!!"

Last edited:
I found the Tesla P85D hate funny. Haters gonna hate.

However, the sexist stuff was less amusing (and I'm a guy!). The comment about how a girlfriend will definitely crash if you let her drive with over 500 hp was especially cringeworthy, but maybe my view of female racers is more positive than the average driver after watching the TMConnect videos of Ms. Munter.

generally speaking, his comment was valid, if you understand that there are far less car girls than car guys. ditto with # of professional drivers.

that said, guys are usually the crashers, so heh.

(vid was pretty tongue in cheek anyways, lets just enjoy it and not get our panties in a u-know-what ;)