Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's been a long time coming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the Better Late Than Never Department:

P2080032.jpg

P2080033.jpg

I find myself pondering how much would have been different if I had stuck with my pre-order and been driving a Roadster these last several years. Well, things have changed a lot since then! For me, the excitement has come back.

It's here, it's beautiful, it charges up just fine on the 14-50 outlet in my garage. It wasn't the cheapest Roadster that I possibly could have found, but it's a 2010 model, v2.5, and has no issues that I can see. The carbon fiber top is nice. I'm digging the white paint job too. It's not a color I would have chosen years ago when I was on the waiting list, but now I think it's perfect.

The guys at Park Place in Bellevue Washington were good to do business with. They knew what they were doing and kept me informed, which was a refreshing change from that Audi dealer before. Plycar handled the car right and got it to me quickly, although their communication leaves something to be desired. I always had to call them to find out anything.

The truck that brought it had two other electric cars on board! On the deck directly above mine was a BMW i3 -- I don't know if it had a range extender or not. There was reputedly another Roadster on board, somewhere up in the front part of the truck where I couldn't see. It was bound for Florida. Two Roadsters on the same truck is something that "never happens", according to the dispatcher. Whenever I called I had to remind him that I was asking about the Texas Roadster, not the Florida one.

Incidentally, I've found it impossible to unload an exotic car off a truck around here without somebody I know stopping to check it out. This time it was my dentist who popped in to goggle the "Telsa" right after I'd gotten the charging connector hooked up.

I thought the coolant might need topping off, although today it seems OK. Just to be sure, I went by the parts house today and asked about getting the Sierra PG coolant. I didn't want to get into explanations, but I just mentioned that I needed it for a battery cooling system. So, as he's looking this stuff up on his system, the guy asks me what kind of battery cooling system. I sigh inwardly and say it's for a Tesla. Then his eyes light up. "You got a Tesla? I've got to see that! That's my dream car. Did you know they've got a Supercharger in Waco now?" And so on... He's actually been tracking the rollout of Supercharger stations, trying to figure out when he'll be able to make his regular trips to Louisiana. I'm not sure he was entirely clear on the differences between the Roadster and the Model S, though.