Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Fatality - Single Car Accident.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's in the press. I did some searching. Looks like local news reporting it. Speculation of a roadster as well... so maybe you posted this in the wrong forum.

Unless the investigation finds the car to be at fault I don't find the Tesla part to be relevant. Replace Tesla with (any other manufacturer).

That link along with charitysmith.org isn't working for me at the moment.

I personally haven't come across a credible source that identified the vehicle in the accident was a Tesla Roadster. Peter owned a '13 Model-S. There was one stray comment in the Mercury News from a name of ' guest' who mentioned it was a Roadster.

Sad to hear a life was lost no matter what vehicle. Peter seemed like a fun, adventurous, and outgoing individual. Sad he left behind a wife & children.

My condolences to the family.

From Peter's FB page:
999290_10152105774088319_236752017_n.jpg

Last edited:
A simple search of the victims Facebook page shows he owned a Model S.

...and a Roadster. (Edit: someone asked me to check; I had another look and can't find that information again.)

That's a 35 mph residential road. How do you die with a Model S in a 35mph zone without hitting another vehicle? Even if he was going at say 55mph - it's a flat residential road.

Don't trust the news reports - they're thin on details and reporters get details massively wrong at the best of times.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack while driving. I knew a couple of people who died that way. One of them crashed into a telephone pole but not hard - he was already dead or dying when it happened.

Last edited:
I'm fascinated that I made my original post under Model S subforum but it appears the entire thread was moved to the Roadster subforum when there is no evidence that he was in a Roadster. His cover photo on his facebook page is a model S, and he appears to be sitting in a model S in the photo used for his obit. I'm all for defending Tesla and love my model S more than any other car I've owned but don't understand the blind defense of the car that happens in this forum. It is inevitable that fatalities will happen in the model S, my post was simply pointing out the existence of one of them.

"Los Gatos, California. It was near the intersection of Short Road and Shannon Road"

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...2!3m1!1s0x808e35d39ef6bad1:0x460eba2bdc696104

That's a 35 mph residential road. How do you die with a Model S in a 35mph zone without hitting another vehicle? Even if he was going at say 55mph - it's a flat residential road.

While Shannon is a 35 mph residential road, it is a narrow, twisty downhill run to Short Rd. and the speed limit is often exceeded. His car was found in the drainage ditch near the intersection with Short Rd. The accident happened around 1 am. There are many possible scenarios...

I'm fascinated that I made my original post under Model S subforum but it appears the entire thread was moved to the Roadster subforum when there is no evidence that he was in a Roadster. His cover photo on his facebook page is a model S, and he appears to be sitting in a model S in the photo used for his obit. I'm all for defending Tesla and love my model S more than any other car I've owned but don't understand the blind defense of the car that happens in this forum. It is inevitable that fatalities will happen in the model S, my post was simply pointing out the existence of one of them.

Definitely not a Model S in the pic. The Model S doesn't have oh-s**t handles, along with other giveaways that it isn't a Model S in the obituary pic.

As for the rest, I don't know the man or have any details on whether it was an S or not in the accident.

Last edited:

I moved the thread after two members noted it was a Roadster and the thread wasn't censored, just moved to a more relevant area. Please don't give me the "blind defense" fanboy implication.

BTW, you're factually wrong as the poor guy is NOT photographed sitting in a Model S.

I'm fascinated that I made my original post under Model S subforum but it appears the entire thread was moved to the Roadster subforum when there is no evidence that he was in a Roadster. His cover photo on his facebook page is a model S, and he appears to be sitting in a model S in the photo used for his obit.

The photo of Mr. Kelis in the article linked to by the OP shows him sitting in a car that is definitely not a Model S. The door panel is very different from an S and there is a grab handle above the window that no Model S has ever been built with. He appears to be sitting in the left rear seat of the car, not the drivers seat.