Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners in Mainland China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick glance at the first couple of pages: Model S sightings and owner's photos, ordering/delivery/driving/service experiences, aftermarket wheels/accessories, supercharger locations, why Tesla does not qualify for a certain Chinese tax incentive scheme, why Tesla is better/worse than Mercedes/BMW/BYD/…, P85D for China finally going into production, some discussions about range or TACC, some speculations about Model X. Didn't really see any issues/complaints.

Quick glance at the first couple of pages: Model S sightings and owner's photos, ordering/delivery/driving/service experiences, aftermarket wheels/accessories, supercharger locations, why Tesla does not qualify for a certain Chinese tax incentive scheme, why Tesla is better/worse than Mercedes/BMW/BYD/…, P85D for China finally going into production, some discussions about range or TACC, some speculations about Model X. Didn't really see any issues/complaints.

Thank you, Cynix!

I wish there were more Chinese-English capable owners who would provide a link across. I am sure we could learn a lot from each other, despite markets and local conditions being different.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/b...-seeks-a-stronger-foothold-in-china.html?_r=0

There are similar problems in many markets, and in that respect, Hong Kong and China isn't too different. The sheer size of China is obviously a different challenge as I can drive all around Hong Kong in a single charge while ... it would take quite a few charge-ups to do the same in "the Motherland".

The lady who plugged her car in but didn't even bother to see if it said "Preparing to charge" in the display of the car, is adding to the "charger problems" debate in a negative way. If anyone has a faulty installation, or shut off the power by mistake, there is no guarding against people not having any kind of situational awareness. When you plug your phone or computer in to charge, don't you wait for the charge light to come on?

3,500 cars delivered so far in China, there is bound to be a few with problems. Like it says at the end of that article: Similar problems existed when the transition from horse carriages to ICE cars took place.