Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor What's your opinion on a P85D phone case?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I've been working on a P85D leather FobPocket (It's here, but I will not have stock until mid-March). Along the same design themes, we've created a phone case prototype; the pictures below are for an iPhone 6, although other sizes would be available. It's made using the same black distressed leather on the upcoming FobPocket, with a magnetic closure and a couple of slots for cards. Generally speaking it's meant to be a classy, discreet look.

My question is, would you buy it? Price is TBC, but would be around $30-35 depending on size. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the wallet-style cases, but they're popular, and the leather and finish will be worthy of the P85D.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Pete
back view 400px.jpg
inside view 400px.jpg
top view closed 400px.jpg
Top view_400px.jpg

Hi All

I've been working on a P85D leather FobPocket (It's here, but I will not have stock until mid-March). Along the same design themes, we've created a phone case prototype; the pictures below are for an iPhone 6, although other sizes would be available. It's made using the same black distressed leather on the upcoming FobPocket, with a magnetic closure and a couple of slots for cards. Generally speaking it's meant to be a classy, discreet look.

My question is, would you buy it? Price is TBC, but would be around $30-35 depending on size. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the wallet-style cases, but they're popular, and the leather and finish will be worthy of the P85D.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Pete
View attachment 71660View attachment 71661View attachment 71662View attachment 71663
It's a nice treat for P85D owners. Good luck.

Looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear to be designed with belt loops for wearing on your belt. I have phone cases that I wear all the time for my galaxy note 2. Because of work issues that is what works for me. I would love to have a Tesla version to use. Your expected price is about what I paid, so you are ok there. PM me if you want more information on what I have.

Thanks all. Other Models variants might follow (I have an 'original' 85!). Customizing with initials would be difficult to do, just in terms of the logistics and my time, unfortunately. Will think on the belt loop, the design isn't locked in yet, but this is the 4th prototype, so I need to draw a line under it soon, but this is all good feedback - appreciate it!

Wallet style cases are horrible for phone calls my friend has the Louis Vuitton on his Iphone and you can barely hear him. He ended up returning the case..
If you use a bluetooth headset or just dont make many calls then it will work for most people.
Case is very good looking and appears to be of high quality.

I will never go anything but Incipio or Otter, I use my phone a zillion times a day as I keep work related reference and formulas on it, phone is also waterproof as is my Gear S.

I have 5-7 spare cases, when one cracks I clean the phone, replace the screen protector and put a new one on.

Now after i retire I may fancy something like this one.

Hi Pete

I have your silicone fob pocket now and think that the leather would interfere with using the push buttons on the remote.

On silicone fob pocket, I wish it was actually waterproof since I immersed my fob when I went for water aerobics and the fob wasn't functional. Had to use the phone to get home. Luckily the fob recovered after being stuck in bowl of rice for a couple of days (might have some lingering damage, seems to go through batteries faster), so it might have kept most of the water out.

I have also been waiting forever to order the iPhone 6/6S Leather Case off of the Tesla web site that had the multiple pockets for a lady friend, but it has never been in stock and looks like it is now longer listed.

A very nice looking case. I'm thinking about getting the one like those right now. The last one I got was a neat case called the Gold Anti-Shock TPU Case which I got from http://ikasus.cc/. I definitely added additional protection and density to my phone, so for me it was very much worth the additional price, as it's already paid for itself many times over, cause I have an active lifestyle an tend to drop my phone time and again. My phone survived many times because of this. I like it as it has hard plastic on the outside and soft rubber on the inside, like some kind of armor. This also cushions my phone, providing blunt force protection. Soft rubber cases don't have such perks, and they also don’t slide at all into any kind of pocket, but my brother loves then because he can hold on to it much better, and he doesn’t have to worry about it slipping away from his hand. This case looks way better tough, very stylish.