Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension warning icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
On a recent long drive between Mt. Shasta and Bend, I had my air suspension icon on the instrument cluster begin flashing. This is the one that looks like an SUV with up and down arrows inside of it. The yellow one. Does anyone know what this could imply? I noticed no issues with the ride, and the manual states "Call Tesla." I called Ownership and they didn't even know what the icon meant, and in fact continually called it an "exclamation point" which it obviously is not. I directed the representative to the owner's manual. They have pushed the issue off to the Portland service center, but I was curious if anyone had seen this before.

Recently - last month or so - I've been getting random suspension warnings underneath the central circular driver gauge, along the lines of "suspension height not allowed". I was assuming that's because I had earlier chosen High or Very High suspension at a particular place, then the Model S is recognizing a geofenced location and trying to change, but my speed on the road is over the allowable limit.

The only problem with that is, the warning has appeared in a bunch of places that I did not set suspension height. OTOH, my son occasionally gets to drive the car so who knows what buttons he's played with.

I just mention this as it may be related, may not be. I haven't noticed the flashing icon, but I'll look for it. I'm now on .115, and this started before 6.1 (*IF* I remember correctly!!).

Recently - last month or so - I've been getting random suspension warnings underneath the central circular driver gauge, along the lines of "suspension height not allowed". I was assuming that's because I had earlier chosen High or Very High suspension at a particular place, then the Model S is recognizing a geofenced location and trying to change, but my speed on the road is over the allowable limit.

The only problem with that is, the warning has appeared in a bunch of places that I did not set suspension height. OTOH, my son occasionally gets to drive the car so who knows what buttons he's played with.

I just mention this as it may be related, may not be. I haven't noticed the flashing icon, but I'll look for it. I'm now on .115, and this started before 6.1 (*IF* I remember correctly!!).

A couple of weeks ago I received the warning tone and "suspension height not allowed" just after entering a nearby highway. I'm certain I never set the suspension to its highest setting on a 70 mph highway. I cleared the suspension preset by pressing the "X" on the display and it hasn't happened again.

Thanks for the responses. I did not receive any warning tones, just the flashing indicator. Portland's SC didn't call me back, so I followed up today. The notes in the trouble ticket said that they downloaded my logs and didn't see anything. They suggested a reboot. I took the car out today before rebooting (to see if the indicator was still flashing) and within 20 feet of driving, blasts of air could be heard being forcefully released - first from the left front, then from the right front. I pulled over to see if the car had dropped, but everything looked fine. Drove about 8 miles and there were no lights, no other blasts. Not sure what that's about but I'm hoping it has resolved itself.