Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major unfair changes at Pearson Airport for EV charging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it was good while it lasted.
Until recently, I was able to pull my Model S into terminal One Valet /EV station and charge while I took a flight and was charged the usual $28.00 a day including free charging. It was also convenient to be able to park right next to the entrance into the airport departures.
Now they changed that. You have to pay an additional $25.00 a day for the privilege of parking there. if you ask me, it is totally unfair and not right.
The whole idea of EV incentives for parking there is now gone out the window!

We need to contact the GTAA and tell them what they are doing is wrong!

Until recently, I was able to pull my Model S into terminal One Valet /EV station and charge while I took a flight and was charged the usual $28.00 a day including free charging. It was also convenient to be able to park right next to the entrance into the airport departures.
Now they changed that. You have to pay an additional $25.00 a day for the privilege of parking there. if you ask me, it is totally unfair and not right.

53$ a day for parking eh? Brutal.

What we need is a bunch of 20A 120V outlets all over the parking garage.

I remember reading that the San Diego airport had installed many (hundreds?) of 110v plugs in their airport...we need to start pressuring YYZ into doing this...might have to think about approaching the different political levels to put YYZ's "arm behind their back..."

I'd be willing to bet that the management of YYZ have no idea how many EV's are in the GTA / Golden Horseshoe area...

I used their valet parking just a week ago. For an additional $25, you drop the car off at the curb and they park it and plug it in. You pay the regular daily rate from there. I guess the difference is, now you can't avoid an up-charge and just park it yourself. I agree that 120 volts should be offered free and would be sufficient for trips of more than 2 or 3 days.

Not $25 per day extra...just a flat $25 valet fee.

As if they can't afford adding a bunch of 120V sockets, really now ??? $28 per day is like $800 a month for a patch of concrete ... some people pay less for their whole apartment with plumbing AND electricity -- and some even get a parking space at that price too ! Let's start an email campaign or something.

I remember reading that the San Diego airport had installed many (hundreds?) of 110v plugs in their airport...we need to start pressuring YYZ into doing this...might have to think about approaching the different political levels to put YYZ's "arm behind their back..."

In addition, San Diego has 20 Level 2 stations in the Terminal 2 parking lot, and other Level 2's scattered about including two in the Cell Phone lot.