Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blueshift's Fund - Supercharge.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharge.info Funding Help

All, I don't post on TMC a lot. I mostly post over on the Tesla Motors forum. I am not an owner, but a MAJOR supporter of all things Tesla (and I will be an owner one day). You may often see me posting on articles arguing with Tesla haters with screen name 9awesomeb or buddyroe. For now, I daily (really hourly) follow the progress of the SuperCharger network. One of the sites I use a lot to follow the progress is supercharge.info. I'm not sure of the gentleman's real name, but "Blueshift" created the site and maintains it diligently. He has added MANY features over the 18 months he's had it up. He actually does a better job than Tesla does with their map. Yesterday morning, the site was down because the registration with godaddy had elapsed. This got me to thinking that there are costs to Blueshift and MANY hours of work to make this valuable tool available to everyone. So, I mentioned on the Tesla forum that we should come up with a crowd funding to help Blueshift with his expenses and maybe to take his family out to dinner on us. I was just raised by my parents to not take advantage of someone and I think we all are by allowing Blueshift to carry the burden of his site alone. It was suggested that if someone would create the crowd fund account, many people would give. So, since I know "someone" normally never steps up, I figured I could do it. I have never done one of these. I analyzed a few of the sites and read reviews. I decided to go with gofundme.com because they had low rates and good reviews. Unfortunately, and I didn't learn until afterwards, they don't take paypal (they take wepay, debit, and credit cards). I have set a modest goal of $1000. I didn't want to set it too high to give the impression that this was some type of scam. If, in a few months or in a year, we want to do another one, we can. For now, I have suggested a $10 donation from those that feel that supercharge.info is useful to them (and they can afford it). So far, in only 12 hours, it is up to $295. Pretty unbelievable.

Anyway, I wanted to get the word out here on this forum since there seems to be a much bigger audience here than at the Tesla Motors forums. Also, if you are a member of any Facebook Tesla groups, please post the info there. Thanks everyone for your consideration. Here's the info. Thanks everyone!!

BlueShift's Fund - Supercharge.info

Oh, and BTW, I have told Blueshift that I will add him to the gofundme account or send him the money (however he wants to do it). I will update the progress on the "Enhanced Supercharger Map: zoom in, change range indicators" thread in the General forum on teslamotors.com and here if this thread generates any interest. I just want to make sure everyone is completely comfortable that Blueshift receives the funds they donate.

PS. Is it possible to embed a widget in this thread? I wanted to do that so I could put the gofundme widget that includes more info about the account in the thread, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Sorry Nicoletta, I didn't realize you had already posted the info. Thanks for doing that. I posted it this morning and I guess I put it in the wrong forum. The moderators moved it here.

Thanks again!http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/member.php/22868-Nicoletta

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anyway I can update my personal info for my membership on TMC? I just want everyone to feel like I am very "reachable" and all of my info is confirmed. At least for the moderators. I know if I were considering donating money, I would want to know that the guy doing the collecting could be found if there were any suspicions at all.

Donated and I posted to several Tesla Facebook groups as well to get the word out. Supercharge.info is a great site and this is the least we can do. Web hosting is not free and I'm sure the site gets a ton of traffic daily.

We're now over halfway there in just 24 hours. Thanks everyone that has given. Let's keep it going and get to the finish line so I can turn this over to Blueshift.

In case anyone is wondering, we picked the $1000 goal based on Blueshift's expenses for registering and maintaining the website for the last 18 months plus the upcoming year. We also added a little to buy him and his family dinner occasionally to thank him for the hard work he puts into the site (for which he is NOT getting paid). We're just covering his expenses and buying him dinner a couple of times. I don't think that amounts to a whole lot. It's the least we should do I believe.

Donated.

Thank you to buddyroe for caring and taking the initiative!

And a big, big thanks to blueshift for putting together and maintaining the site, which is incredibly useful. I'm also particularly grateful to him/her for NOT putting up any kind of ads on the site at all, which makes it much more pleasant. Damn, do I hate being a monetized eyeball! So I chose to donate at a higher level than what has been recommended by buddyroe. Perhaps others will see it the same way.

Alan

Wow! Thanks everyone! We are almost there. I am just shocked by the size of some of these donations. Everyone's donation matters, but I am just shocked to see $50, $100, and even $200 contributions. Restores my faith in the decency of mankind!

Question for everyone. Should I let this go on a little longer over the weekend and let people decide for themselves if an amount greater than $1000 is warranted or should I pull the plug at $1000?