Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody near Boston have standard sound in their Model S I could listen to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a Model S on order that will go into production soon. The one thing I am still on the fence about is the sound system. Many say the upgrade is only bass-related and not worth the price, but as someone who hugely appreciates good sound I would feel a lot better if I could hear the standard version for myself. Unfortunately all the demo cars at the Natick Mall have the UHFS package, so I had no way to test them side by side.

I realize this is a big ask, but if you have a standard sound system in your MS and you're in the Boston area and wouldn't mind letting me listen to some music files on it (no driving!), I'd be very appreciative and happy to buy you some beer or wine of your choice. :)

I'm in Swampscott, MA evenings and weekends. It's a bit of a travel north, but your welcome to come listen to my MS85 w/standard sound. Bring a USB with whatever you want to listen too, or I'm sure my daughter will loan you her Frozen soundtrack:)

I'm in Swampscott, MA evenings and weekends. It's a bit of a travel north, but your welcome to come listen to my MS85 w/standard sound. Bring a USB with whatever you want to listen too, or I'm sure my daughter will loan you her Frozen soundtrack:)

I know this is off topic but your reference to your daughters Frozen soundtrack broke me up. Somehow I missed the whole Frozen frenzy until I baby sat my 20 month grand daughter last week. Her mom had played one of the Frozen sound tracks on her smart phone. At first when she pointed at my phone I had no idea what she wanted until I figured out she was saying "Ffrrozzen". Of course a better idea was to go to the computer and play the song on Youtube. Little did I know I'd end playing most of the soundtrack that evening. And more than once:smile: This morning I had one of the songs playing in my head....just crazy

I know this is off topic but your reference to your daughters Frozen soundtrack broke me up. Somehow I missed the whole Frozen frenzy until I baby sat my 20 month grand daughter last week. Her mom had played one of the Frozen sound tracks on her smart phone. At first when she pointed at my phone I had no idea what she wanted until I figured out she was saying "Ffrrozzen". Of course a better idea was to go to the computer and play the song on Youtube. Little did I know I'd end playing most of the soundtrack that evening. And more than once:smile: This morning I had one of the songs playing in my head....just crazy
/

I find myself humming Let it Go at work...until I figure out what I'm doing at which time I switch to Back in Black just in case anyone heard me. Speaking of which for Christmas a friend gave me a AC/DC t-shirt with a photo of Nicola Tesla under the AC part and Edison under the DC portion. I wear it with pride!

Thanks very much. We have friends in Marblehead so maybe I can work this in with them. If I don't hear from anyone closer to Boston in the next few days I'll PM you. Thanks again, much appreciated.