Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Manual now on line???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WoW VERY encouraging !

I'd love to see the official service manuals - always maintained own cars out of interest.

Imagine if TMC became 'approved' and maybe through some form of advanced/paid membership for those who wanted to get access to the manuals - I'd certainly pay.

Might also give TMC an income stream for all the hard work too - any admins care to comment ? :)

Last edited:
this topic about these service manuals have already been discussed in this thread: Service Manual Subscriptions somebody here already paid for it too and was able to briefly look at the details. discussed in the linked thread.

Thanks for the tip, but since it's in the Model S forum it's nice to have a more specific Roadster discussion here. However, as quoted by the individual who purchased a subscription:

That's really good to know - especially for any of you Massachusetts Roadster owners lurking out there...

It looks like we need to lobby and push I am not happy.

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Technical Support. Unfortunately the North America Service Manuals are only available to Tesla Certified Collision Centers as well as residents in Massachusetts under the 'Right to Repair Act'. Residents of other states will not be able to access this information. I apologize for any inconvenience.

They sure like to keep things secret. I've paid the $20 for one month access twice for the Ford C-Max Energi service ($10 for 72 hours). Printed out paper copies of the wiring diagrams that interested me, printed to PDF other parts of the service manual. Helpful to know how things work and I've been able to help others understand on the C-Max and Fusion Energi forums.

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps if I get bored this weekend...

Why yes, this does work. Prepaid Visa from Walmart (should be one that requires registration -- check the back of the packaging), register it to an address in MA, make an account at the service site with the address you just registered the card to and you're on your way...

This is a somewhat questionable thing to do, but in the grand scheme of things I feel its reasonable.

Be aware, that it does kick you off the system if you download too many files at once, or open an excessive number of concurrent connections, or issue requests at an excessive rate. That said, manually browsing the site, even aggressively doesn't trip a log out.

So they are granting access to the service manuals to MA residents under the right-to-repair law.

But the information is only one piece of the puzzle. Parts are key, too.

So the next question is, does the MA right-to-repair law compel Tesla to sell parts to MA residents?