Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Rear Seats Are Back in the Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a look at the design studio. The rear is showing next gen seats again. (My apologies if this has already been noted elsewhere and I missed it.)

Seats.png

Last edited:
Yeah, really. I thought with all the recent back-and-forth on the seats that this was quite a discovery. In fact, I was in the Northpark gallery today and the folks in the gallery had no idea that the rear seats of been updated again. They said that they had heard nothing about the rear seat change and they believe the website is a mistake. We compared their software (flat-panel displays in the gallery) with the website and the gallery software still shows the old seats in the back with the premium upgrade

They pulled the new rear seats for a while, due to complaints about comfort and not folding down all the way. They softened the bolsters, made the seats fold down more (to about 7% incline), and they're back now.

Weird. I don't see any difference when I switch between and I certainly don't see the picture upthread. Maybe it's a caching issue?
I can see them. Can't say I really understand how cacheing (?) works, but that theory seems likely to me. But again, if that's the case, then it seems like kind of a bad website design...

- - - Updated - - -

Just out of curiosity: Anyone who wants to guess how long it will take Tesla to ramp up production of these new seats so that they'll be able to offer them with all cars they produce?